Fake Jeep Wave

johndan

My wife has been driving my Wrangler this week until she could get her Liberty into the shop (I can work at home when I need to). Today when she was on the way to the shop, she forgot she was back in her Liberty and gave the Jeep wave to a Wrangler driver, who flipped her off. She said she felt like such a poser.

- Johndan

jeff_in_rc

To me a Jeep is a Jeep, no need to flip someone off. That was just plain rude.
I get and return waves from XJ's all the time here.

bsimon187

I live in a smaller area and get about as many waves from non jeeps as I do jeeps. Mostly from lifted trucks or FJ's. My jeep was down and out for a few months and drove our mini van most of that time. For the first week I waved at every jeep and got some really strange looks.

johndan

To me a Jeep is a Jeep, no need to flip someone off. That was just plain rude.
I get and return waves from XJ's all the time here.

Thanks. I didn't realize until now that I've been reading (and using info from) this board for years but had never posted. (My level of Jeep skills is pretty entry level.) But, yeah, I thought flipping someone off because they weren't in the Wrangler community was a little much. Luckily, my wife took it well. (Bad news for the other driver if she hadn't.)

- Johndan

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Welcome to WOL! I always forget that Im driving the daily and wave, but I have never been flipped off. Shame that fella did that to your wife. She should have returned the greeting. Lol

Tree Frog

This guy flipped off a female? what a *** (probably should not say it but you get the picture.)
Glad your wife took it well. Tell her to shake her head and move on. For every one like that there are a thousand good folks out there.

K.D.C.H

There's a guy in my area with a nicely built up Liberty, each time we pass we give a wave. Sucks that there are actually people like that guy out there but I guess that's just the way it goes.

As Eddie always says, "this is a JEEP inspired life" so I have respect for all Jeepers although I mostly wave at all Wranglers and any other modified Jeeps

Armydog

View attachment 131754

Welcome to the Framily!

I agree that dude was a d-bag. I wave, sometimes I forget and wave from the patrol car! That tends to freak Jeepers out!

Some people deserve no respect base on their actions. I grant them courtesy because I respect myself, then I keep a wary eye on them cause you can never trust a dirt bag

Send a wave to your wife and yourself from all of us here who enjoy the way of life that is jeep!

atrollip

Iv only received 1 out 4 waves from fellow jk's this week. Think its not so known here. I must admit the one that waved had a nicely built up creamy coloured rubicon.

mackey

I have to admit, I'll drive my wife's minivan time to time, totally forget, and wave at all the jeeps I see. They all give me this, your a dork stare. Lol

channa371

Iv only received 1 out 4 waves from fellow jk's this week. Think its not so known here. I must admit the one that waved had a nicely built up creamy coloured rubicon.

It's really disappointing when you give a fellow Jeep owner a wave and they drive by clueless. Facepalm.

Top Bottom