FAKE Rubicon Decal Removal... Help

MTG

Caught the Bug
Just rock it the way it is. :rock:

Otherwise use hairdryer/heat gun as described above. Should be able to buff out any differences with wax. Maybe. :idontknow:

NOPULP13

Use a hairdyrer to heat up the sticker and peel off slowly if any of the glue remains use a junk towel and some gasoline will take it right off.. dont smoke while doing that lol

Rivertoys

.. dont smoke while doing that lol

You should really leave out such details..... they help thin the heard!
wink.gif

DasBuxxx

MY JKU is all black and when I removed the Wrangler Unlimited and Sport stickers I used a hair dryer first (make sure to ask the wife if she ass more than one b/c i guess some of them are special) and for the glue I used a microfiber with GooGone (the one based with Orange acid/extract or something like that) it was not the gel. soak u that shammy and start rubbing. I used a lot of it but tit didn't harm my paint

LoPo

Caught the Bug
This reminds me of the posers that get the M3 emblem and stick it on the trunk of their BMW 328i's.

Looks like lot's of solid advice in this thread. If the vehicle is fairly new and garaged, I doubt there will be much of any tan line.

Rule18

I used a heat gun on low held about 12" away then goo gone. Goes quick and didn't harm the paint at all... lol, thin the herd...

NOPULP13

This happens alot with all vehicles the mustangs always try and be a cobra or a saleen I used to have an srt4 when I put lighter rims and carbon fiber trunk and hood the old stuff I sold to a kid on craigslist he came with a stock neon and a buddy the buddy said now you can add the dual exhaust you have and it will be an srt4 I mentioned minus the turbo.. It's weird especially with racing scene everyone with a base wants to make it look like the higher model and everyone with the higher model wants to strip it down to a base/sleeper look

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Thanks for this info.

Just used the hairdryer method to remove ugly dealership decal. Worked perfectly.

Next off, Sport and Wrangler decals to make room for club decals :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

noroad

ok some people might not like this but it works just DO NOT use a ton brake cleaner! I pulled the sticker off real slow spread a LITTLE brake cleaner ON A RAG, and two wipes accross and all trace was gone! but be very careful as you could take paint off if done to hard or with to much!

dahreno

Banned
The Rubicon sticker is not that low on the hood. It is 1/2 inch from the bottom of hood to the bottom of the sticker.It just doesn't look right.

Top Bottom