Families with small children and Jeeps

mlbright

Anyone have any comments suggestions they would like to share about having a family and a unlimited wrangler they use in their daily lives. I have a family with a 1 year old and i'm extremely close to pulling the trigger on a Hard Rock Rubicon.

Welcome to WAL from Texas! A lot of us here on Wayalife have families. A 4dr unlimited can hold quite a bit of kiddos and camping gear. Some of the guys on here have even added a 3rd row seat. Jeeping/exploring/camping makes for great opportunities to spend time with family and meet other Wayalifers and new friends in the process. Pull the trigger :)

What would you like to know? Our 2014 JKUR is our family hauler for both of our kids, age 3 and 1. The 1yr old is still in a rear facing car seat/infant carrier behind the front passenger. It takes up much more room than the 3yr olds front facing car seat.

We bought a 2012 JKU in 2014. Found out a month later we were having a little one. Since then it has been a blast. We have taken it on vacation, 16 hour drive, without any complaints. We had it loaded with our suit cases plus anything an everything you would need for an 8 month old (pack and play, high chair, diapers, toys, large swing with it's own base, etc). It is our family truckster. Huh maybe new name for it now I think of it. Get it you will not regret it. We camp, hike, hunt, whatever and it works. Just know that once you got it, stock is never satisfying. Best of luck with the family and hopefully new jeep!:thumb:

Hoping in the car and going for a drive is a great thing to do with kids. Can be done in any vehicle. Now, when you take that unexpected right turn and end up on dirt with the unknown ahead, that there is quality family time and memories to last longer than the jeep itself.

My kids were 7 seven when we got ours. 4 years later, the jeep is sort of like family and the kids enjoy it as much as I.

I say go for it. [emoji106][emoji106]

Welcome to WAL. a JKU is perfect for family wheeling/camping. Im married with 2 kiddos and the jeep is my daily driver.

Thanks for all of the reply's, a lot good info, I was really curious how it was to pack up all of the baby stuff and head out for a road trip with family. There's a lot of items when dealing with all of the baby stuff and big ole car seats and trying to keep everyone comfortable, especially mommy and baby. I'm an avid outdoors enthusiast and love camping. I've wanted a Jeep for the last 10 years now, I've followed Wayalife since 2007, I've had a Ram 1500 Rock crawler taken all through the Carolina Montains, an H3 Hummer, and a Raptor but still find myself always coming back to wanting a Jeep. I've pulled the trigger and put the holding deposit down on the hard rock. I can't wait to start building it up, thanks again for the info and keep the feedback coming with the family experiences.

Im on my second JKU. I have 2 kids. Aged 9 and 2. No problems fitting everybody and all of our gear in it. Plenty of leg room and all even when we're mall crawling.

I have a wife and 4 kids. We are putting the third row in her jeep. I also have a 2 dr. So if we can't squeeze all of us in the unlimited we take 2 jeeps. I'm loving the cheap gas prices right now ha

Anyone have any comments suggestions they would like to share about having a family and a unlimited wrangler they use in their daily lives. I have a family with a 1 year old and i'm extremely close to pulling the trigger on a Hard Rock Rubicon.

Also a young family here on WAL. Me and my wife are expecting a lil one soon. [emoji4]

We have a 14 month old and a Golden Retriever. We're pretty much maxed out on space for road trips due to the Golden Retriever taking half of the rear. We added a roof rack so we could hold more kiddos/gear on road trips and camping. It's not needed yet but will be as we add more kids.

The Jeep just lends itself to adventures, memories, and time together unlike any other car. You're gonna love it.

Upgraded from a TJ when we inherited 2 of our nieces and folding seats forward in the drop off line at school was not working. We then had a baby and hauled us all around in the 12JKU. We love it.

PS. Go ahead and get you some nitto mud grapplers. You will thank me later.
When my baby got fussy, that roar would put her to sleep faster than anything. She is now 3 and loves to ride in the jeep. She still falls asleep on long rides haha.

My wife and I have a TJ and a 14 JKU we traded my chevy truck in for the JKU when my kids were 3 and 5. We also take a chocolate lab and german shepard with us on our wyoming adventures. I thought I would regret trading my pickup in, but I have not regretted it one bit. We had trail jeeps do some work to the JKU last year and right after we got it back we packed up the JKU and headed out to Eureka CA, from Gillette WY, to see my mom. We explored the lost coast and had a blast. We love having our JKU. The JK has pretty much become our second home and it has allowed my family to share in some awesome adventures ( who needs disneyland when you have a jeep). Do yourself a favor and pull the trigger, you wont regret it.

My wife and I just had our first kid on February 29th. And are now starting to figure out our storage for the jeep but it works great so far with still plenty of room for everyone.. You will love your new rig

Bought my 2010 JKUR and I have taken my wife and kids everywhere in it. 2 trips to Florida from up here in Northern Ontario (4000 kms per trip). And a road trip 2 years ago to see my brother in Vancouver (10000 kms). Top down the whole way and the doors off once we got there. You make memories in a wrangler no ther way to say it.

I had a 2 door with 2 young children and as far as a day trip it wasn't bad but if it didn't fit in your pockets it didn't go along. With the JKU, no problem. You wont regret it. Now that the kids are older.....................
IMG_1938.jpg

Top Bottom