Fastback soft tops? Good and bad....opinions please.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I get water in the far back, not sure from where but the tailgate doesn't fully seal to the trektop bar, just not sure how it gets in unless its from washing haha. I had a hard top before and will never have one again, I'll deal with a little bit of noise (it's a lot quieter then our YJ I grew up with). The bikini/safari top is my favorite and most hated feature. In my experience it just flaps around and ended up ruining its own little tabs that hold it in to the rear bar. I almost lost the bar until I zip tied it all together. Maybe I am missing something I don't know. Also the center bar/tube doesn't stay in its little holders for some reason. Anyways, I would still buy another...Maybe the twill one next time.

Jersey_Devil

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Trektop NX it's great! Fewer blind spots and it looks cooler than stock. I run the Trektop in the summer and hard top in the winter. No leaks in my trektop at all. And it doubles as a bikini top

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391294435626.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391294435626.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 182
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391294458983.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391294458983.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 182
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391294516882.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391294516882.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 187
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391294532524.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391294532524.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 185

Tmoore03

Does anyone have or knows someone that has the Rampage trail top?
http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pid=11119+1435+07

y3y6udyg.jpg

I had one on my TJ before I sold it and I loved it. Thinking about getting it for the JKU. But still up in the air if want this one or the Trektop.

Beyrgut

I get water in the far back, not sure from where but the tailgate doesn't fully seal to the trektop bar, just not sure how it gets in unless its from washing haha. I had a hard top before and will never have one again, I'll deal with a little bit of noise (it's a lot quieter then our YJ I grew up with). The bikini/safari top is my favorite and most hated feature. In my experience it just flaps around and ended up ruining its own little tabs that hold it in to the rear bar. I almost lost the bar until I zip tied it all together. Maybe I am missing something I don't know. Also the center bar/tube doesn't stay in its little holders for some reason. Anyways, I would still buy another...Maybe the twill one next time.

Sounds like you may have some install issues. I don't see how the rear can flap if the rear bar is secured under the brackets, any pics of it in bikini mode? I have had the center tube issue you mention as well and it requires rotating it so the retainer in the middle sits properly and then snugging up the 2 straps. The rear leak maybe attributed to the rear top bar, don't know.

Jersey_Devil

Sounds like you may have some install issues. I don't see how the rear can flap if the rear bar is secured under the brackets, any pics of it in bikini mode? I have had the center tube issue you mention as well and it requires rotating it so the retainer in the middle sits properly and then snugging up the 2 straps. The rear leak maybe attributed to the rear top bar, don't know.

Here's a few bikini shots :thumbup:

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391297891007.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391297891007.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 161
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391297912893.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391297912893.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 167
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391297938337.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391297938337.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 171

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

They're on my computer somewhere. I was going to email them to bestop and life got in the way. When I get back in to town tonight I'll find and reply again with them. The center bar I figured was my fault just never got around to messing with it, after your comment about it I'll try to look at it tomorrow as we'll. Thanks for the reply.

VADER JK

I love my trektop. I currently have the hardtop on for the winter and can't wait to get the NX back on! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391299390.297468.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391299411.997535.jpg

JeepinRay

Does anyone have or knows someone that has the Rampage trail top?
http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pid=11119+1435+07

y3y6udyg.jpg

I had one on my TJ before I sold it and I loved it. Thinking about getting it for the JKU. But still up in the air if want this one or the Trektop.

This👆 know this is an old thread but am having the same debate trying to decide between the trek top and the rampage. Like that the rampage has storage pockets for the windows. Anyone using this?

Benito

Caught the Bug
This👆 know this is an old thread but am having the same debate trying to decide between the trek top and the rampage. Like that the rampage has storage pockets for the windows. Anyone using this?

I have only heard about the rampage once and it was when I was buying my trektop nx; the salesmen was saying I was making the right choice in getting g a bestop. He said he had ran a rampage and that stitching was horrible, the material was thinner than stock and that it was loud.

But I don't know first hand.

Top Bottom