Fender Flare Decision Struggles

Benito

Caught the Bug
Poison Spyder and maybe EVO (I couldn't ever get a definitive answer when I was looking into it) are the only fenders to my knowledge that provide those reinforcements. All the others I've seen just bolt to the body. I plan on going with the PSC when I can afford them. [emoji106]

Crawler Concepts and Nemesis both have these reinforcements as well.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the info and the informative post that said, "Yawn!". When I referred to cutting it was what PS aluminum flares have you do, cut/trim some of the wheel well.

I was looking at the Shittybilt XRC steel fenders for like $200 but I'm not sure. What do you guys do with that gap that gets exposed behind the front tire when you remove the plastic liner?

You don’t have to remove the plastic liner, least not on the front. A few select zip ties and your good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sph801

I have Bushwacker and like the look. I've run Bushwacker in the past on my pickup truck and have had good luck with them. No fading especially if you take care of them and hit them with some UV protectant from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MudVayne

Caught the Bug
If you had a second chance would you go with the Smitty's again or keep the stock fenders?

I like the look..yet, they suck in the winter. Especially with an aggressive offset. I’ll go PS narrow witch is only like 3 inches wider. Yet, could allow me to see in the rain/snow.

To answer your question. Yes, not a fan of elephant ears. Though I knew it would be a few years before I’d swap to something nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

chrisgesch

I just vinyl wrapped (Oracal Gloss Chili Red, pretty darn good flame red match) a set of Nemesis Crawlers and I'm extremely happy with them. Very high quality product from Nemesis. LRM_EXPORT_20180804_074504.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Not really sure what you mean about cutting, but I have installed a set of Crawler Concepts Steel fenders, and a set of Nemesis Aluminum fenders, and the only thing that requires cutting is your fender liners if you plan on re-using them. If you mean you have to drill some new holes and enlarge existing holes and install nutsert a then you are correct, and the only way you will be able to put stock fenders back on will be to bolt them into the nutsert a and leave some of the mounting hardware from the aftermarket fenders. The nemesis, Crawler Concepts and the Poison Spyder fender all install the same.

I just had my nemesis fenders paint matched and I also had the Crawler Concepts paint matched, they both looked sharp!

View attachment 307773

View attachment 307774

Nemesis for the win !! Man those look great. On the for sure list. Which one are you running the Notorious or Odyssey? Any chance you could post up some different angles?:beer:

Top Bottom