Fender installation?

1BAMF'nJKU

I have always been curious and thought I would ask the question here...if I were to install poison spyder flat fenders and wanted to change them out for let's say metal cloak overlands is that something that could be done? Or say went to a flat fender, drilled the holes to accommodate for these flares then decided I wanted to reinstall stock flares and trim them to be flats, can this be done. Seems like each manufacturer has certain placement of holes to be drilled and nursery a that get installed. With these holes being so random and in different locations and of larger diameter than stock I wanted to ask. Just seems like you would t be able to install stocks again for sure but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would think that the different metal options would have different locations for the nutserts. I am not sure if they use any of the stock mount holes either, in that case and they do, if you wanted to go back to stock you would probably have to drill the nutserts out, but then you would not be able to mount factory flares again since the plastic clips that hold them on use a smaller hole than a nutsert needs.

If you really want metal flares, try and find wide ones as you need to try and keep as much tire coverage as you can being a PA resident.

RageKage

I have the smittybilt XRC fender armor installed front and rear. To answer your question for the fenders I have, no you would not be able to back to stock on the front at least. There is a support bracket that you have to cut off, but no nutserts up front. In the rear you still straight into the tub and install nutserts so you would be able to go back to stock but would have random nutserts everywhere unless you removed and filled the holes. Not certain about other metal fenders like poison Spyder and metal cloak that use the stock front panel tho, but I have definitely thrown the idea around of how would I change fenders if I found ones I like better. As clifford33 said cut your stock flares first then go from there. It's much cheaper and less damaging.

Top Bottom