Fenders: To cut or not to cut??

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
For sure!!! Free!! They look great!! Thanks Clifford

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUOTE]

No problem and thanks. I used a dremel tool to cut them and for the edge I used car door trim to finish it off. Everyone asked me how much I paid for my fender and I tell them it’s my factory fenders and they don’t believe me haha.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lojo

View attachment 311472 View attachment 311473
I just used the blue painters tape and cut most of it with a jigsaw. Used a finishing sander to smooth them up a little. Zero paint chipping. That was done about 2.5 years ago.

Man they look great!! Clean!! I think it’s is my project for next set of days off!! Will post up when done. Thanks for all the info and pics!!

jesse3638

Hooked
What have you guys done to the inners?? Modify or remove them...??
Removed the rears and sprayed undercoating in the fender well. Up front I trimmed everything, the rigid skeletal part as well as the liners. Some people completely remove everything but I think the fenders end up looking droopy without the rigid part.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Valkaddict

Didn't go to the complete flat fender cut but did get the clearance needed. Need to get the trim on still.

Attachments

• IMG_20180916_150906224_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180916_150906224_HDR.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 95

TheGrendel

I didn’t care for the cut stock look. It’s free, but it always looked kinda half assed to me. Lots of people do it though. Really just a personal decision. I went with the MCEs cuz I wanted plastic. They are nice.

just a heads up for anyone thinking about MCE. i ordered some over labor day, and i still haven't gotten them. apparently, the guy that owns MCE is having real trouble with suppliers. keep getting told they will ship next week. yada yada.

Lojo

Removed the rears and sprayed undercoating in the fender well. Up front I trimmed everything, the rigid skeletal part as well as the liners. Some people completely remove everything but I think the fenders end up looking droopy without the rigid part.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I definitely don’t want them droopy...

jdofmemi

My trimmed fenders don't droop a bit, and if they flap on the road, it is only slightly, as I have looked and can't see them move.

The crusher fenders, and other rigid aftermarket ones, will crush your quarter panel in if you rub the fender on a rock, tree, or other obstacle.

The trimmed fenders flex, then pop right back with no damage at all. Worst that will happen is popping a couple of plastic clips. A bag of replacement clips is about $8

I'm sticking with the trimmed fenders.

Lojo

My trimmed fenders don't droop a bit, and if they flap on the road, it is only slightly, as I have looked and can't see them move.

The crusher fenders, and other rigid aftermarket ones, will crush your quarter panel in if you rub the fender on a rock, tree, or other obstacle.

The trimmed fenders flex, then pop right back with no damage at all. Worst that will happen is popping a couple of plastic clips. A bag of replacement clips is about $8

I'm sticking with the trimmed fenders.

Thanks for the insight... I would not have thought about that.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
X2 on the trimmed factory flares. I was climbing and obstacle few weeks ago and caught my rear flare on the rock, if it was a body mounted metal flare it would have transferred the impact onto the body and probably messed up my quarter panel. I would post pic but my phone messed up and don’t currently have my pictures on the lender phone.

trim them after I did I couldn't believe it took me so long to do. . really not that hard. I took the rear liners right out and sprayed with a bed liner, left the front in NEW CUT.jpg
I went back after and trimmed so more. like the look up front better.

Top Bottom