finally.....evo level with 2.5 emu in rear

desertrunner

This is why I went with a drop bracket instead of raising the rear track bar. At 3-3.25" the front track bar isn't off enough to affect the steering to benefit from a flip.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
In the rear a drop bracket would do the exact same thing as a axle side raised bracket. Your roll center will still be different in the rear than in the front. Maybe it doesn't drive as funny as I thought it might though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

2014siljk

In the rear a drop bracket would do the exact same thing as a axle side raised bracket. Your roll center will still be different in the rear than in the front. Maybe it doesn't drive as funny as I thought it might though

i really think it drives great..i mean yes its alittle stiff but other than that its awesome...no body roll at all

Last edited:

BaddestCross

It doesn't change the roll center... It puts the track bar back down to the factory location instead of raising it and throwing things off. Unless I'm crazy. Which I am, so take that with a grain of salt. 😂

All I know is that my rig rides better than factory and I've got no issues feeling tippy or off-balance at highway speed, cornering, or on the rocks. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

2014siljk

thats true springs will work the best with some weight on them.......by the way which bracket did you use

desertrunner

i really think it drives great..i mean yes its alittle stiff but other than that its awesome...no body roll at all
If it drives great then leave it, no need to fix something that's not broke haha.
It doesn't change the roll center... It puts the track bar back down to the factory location instead of raising it and throwing things off. Unless I'm crazy. Which I am, so take that with a grain of salt. 😂

All I know is that my rig rides better than factory and I've got no issues feeling tippy or off-balance at highway speed, cornering, or on the rocks. 👍

--
Or shoot maybe I'm crazy but imagine the geometry will be the same if you use a drop bracket or a raised bracket either way you are changing the geometry back to stock ish which is still different from the front but if it drives fine then I wouldn't worry about it.

JKbrick

If you have to choose between a bracket that drops the frame side track bar mounting point or raises the axle side, do the axle side 100%. Get a good one that braces itself to the axle like EVO or JKS, you can even weld it to the axle. The frame side bracket will just break off your factory mount over time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2014siljk

If you have to choose between a bracket that drops the frame side track bar mounting point or raises the axle side, do the axle side 100%. Get a good one that braces itself to the axle like EVO or JKS, you can even weld it to the axle. The frame side bracket will just break off your factory mount over time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

excellent advice....jkbrick

BaddestCross

I've heard and seen the same about the axle-side mounts. To each their own, I suppose. My Jeep has had the drop bracket on for years with no issues.

2014siljk

lol. Yup... Ask 10 people and get 10 answers. The best any of us can do is research as much as reasonably possible then pull the trigger and hope for the best. :cool:

That's about it...and also each forum swear by different brands and location....can you send a pic of the bracket installed

Top Bottom