Finally will need a new front driveshaft:(

JayKay

Caught the Bug
My thoughts are as I said in the OP, I don't wheel often or hard. We have nothing here in MO that even compares to the Rubicon or most of the other trails that everyone runs out West. To be honest, I could probably beat pretty hard on my D30 with gussets and chromo shafts without any issues around here. I hate to answer my own question, but I feel that the 1310 will hold up for me. So long as it's a quality shaft. I think if I feel I should upgrade from the 1310 to a 1350, I wouldn't have any trouble selling it, especially since there are numerous JKs around town that the local dealer has sold with at least 3.5" of lift already installed when they leave the showroom. Most of the people who were suckered into buying them know nothing about the front driveline issues down the road. Hell, the dealership doesn't even calibrate them before selling them.

MTG

Caught the Bug
:dont_tell: I've been running a 1310 front DS for 33,000+ miles at the local mall and I am just now replacing a u-joint. Not because it failed, but because it was squeaky on my last run. I haven't dug into yet to see if there are other issues yet, but it didn't spontaneously explode when I went from 35s to 37s either. :shock:

StrizzyChris

:dont_tell: I've been running a 1310 front DS for 33,000+ miles at the local mall and I am just now replacing a u-joint. Not because it failed, but because it was squeaky on my last run. I haven't dug into yet to see if there are other issues yet, but it didn't spontaneously explode when I went from 35s to 37s either. :shock:

LIAR!!!! :stick hiting:

noroad

I run adams 1310s with the upgraded joints and i wheel pretty good(37s)! also keep some spare u joint in the jeep( i can fix that over a R&P)

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I run adams 1310s with the upgraded joints and i wheel pretty good(37s)! also keep some spare u joint in the jeep( i can fix that over a R&P)

I'll probably go this route. Sucks being on a budget, but as I said before, $100 is $100. I too would rather fix a broken u-joint than an exploded differential.

Yes but you don't count. You have a incomplete lift kit. :D

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Just checked northridge4x4, right at $200 difference between the 1310 and 1350 JE Reel. The budget tells me to go with the 1310, I'm sure I'll regret it later, but I'll worry about it then.

Top Bottom