Firefighter and Law Enforcement Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

Napalm

During a recent trip to New York City, spent some time completely fan girling out and visited several FDNY houses. Here are a few photos I took to share!
Engine 8
IMG_2561.jpg
FDNY AMB 870 Responding
IMG_2562.jpg
First house I was able to visit was Engine 21. It's the smallest house in Manhattan and runs a great crew. A captain from this engine company perished during the 9/11 attacks, and they've made a memorial inside as well as named the street after him.
IMG_2549.jpg
IMG_2555.jpg
IMG_2151.jpg
IMG_2551.jpg
IMG_2560.jpg
IMG_2413.jpg
IMG_2414.jpg
We were able to visit the 9/11 memorial.
IMG_2309.jpg
IMG_5862.jpg
Next to the memorial is Ten House. Ten was completely destroyed in the attacks and was rebuilt. The bay doors have a beautiful hand painted American flag on each of them. I did not tour the inside due to not wanting to bother these guys. They get over 100 visitors a day on a nice summer afternoon here.
IMG_2550.jpg
The highlight of the trip for me was visiting Rescue 1. I had been trying to make it to this house the entire trip and finally caught them in quarters. These guys were great! They were eager to give us a tour and talk about Extrication and Rope rescue. Made my entire trip!
IMG_2554.jpg
IMG_2559.jpg
IMG_2557.jpg
IMG_2552.jpg
IMG_2553.jpg
IMG_2428.jpg
IMG_2438.jpg
IMG_2436.jpg

Ended up bringing back 4 shirts, an FDNY MEDIC job shirt, and some cool stories. The FDNY was a great group of guys! Thanks for the hospitality!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

When it comes to Fire Departments, is the FDNY celebrities?

It's cool to visit them just because they probably fight more fires than every single department within a 2 hour radius around me in a year. Most FDNY guys probably see more fires in 5 years then I will see in a 25 year career at my dept.

The guys on Rescue 1 are like celebrities to me. They are like the special forces when it comes to rescue, and guys that I have a huge respect for and hope to have half of the knowledge one day that they do in my career.

Oh yeah. The FDNY is one of the coolest departments. I just applied for my first big city fire job (San Francisco fire department) hoping it is just like that!

That's awesome man! Good luck! The process is long but worth it. Wishing you the best of luck!

RedPool

From the Gold line to the Red, White and Blue... Thanks to all of you for understanding when those of us in the dark rooms cannot get enough info from the crazy callers. Now be good little minions and keep the radios quiet while I eat. :)

kpig

I usually try and keep my job off of the internet; however, I am proudly retired from law enforcement after a short but rough career. Survived the LA riots in 92 to come to NOLA to survive Katrina. Buried friends and still supporting those friends recovering from being shot. I feel like I am leaving my brothers and sisters behind at such a tough time for law enforcement, but I am happy to be moving on and heading back to Cali to be with my immediate family again.

Any LE Wayalifers in OC, I'd love to join you on some trips once I'm out there.

Fellow LE and Firefighters, and all Wayalifers, please be safe.

Kalums

During a recent trip to New York City, spent some time completely fan girling out and visited several FDNY houses. Here are a few photos I took to share!
Engine 8
View attachment 255372
FDNY AMB 870 Responding
View attachment 255373
First house I was able to visit was Engine 21. It's the smallest house in Manhattan and runs a great crew. A captain from this engine company perished during the 9/11 attacks, and they've made a memorial inside as well as named the street after him.
View attachment 255374
View attachment 255375
View attachment 255376
View attachment 255377
View attachment 255378
View attachment 255379
View attachment 255381
We were able to visit the 9/11 memorial.
View attachment 255384
View attachment 255385
Next to the memorial is Ten House. Ten was completely destroyed in the attacks and was rebuilt. The bay doors have a beautiful hand painted American flag on each of them. I did not tour the inside due to not wanting to bother these guys. They get over 100 visitors a day on a nice summer afternoon here.
View attachment 255386
The highlight of the trip for me was visiting Rescue 1. I had been trying to make it to this house the entire trip and finally caught them in quarters. These guys were great! They were eager to give us a tour and talk about Extrication and Rope rescue. Made my entire trip!
View attachment 255387
View attachment 255388
View attachment 255389
View attachment 255390
View attachment 255391
View attachment 255392
View attachment 255393
View attachment 255394

Ended up bringing back 4 shirts, an FDNY MEDIC job shirt, and some cool stories. The FDNY was a great group of guys! Thanks for the hospitality!

Wow that must have been an amazing experience. At the time that the towers came down I was not in public service yet however I did/do know a few LEO and FD guys who helped with the aftermath. I can honestly say that just seeing your pictures made me pause a moment and say a prayer for all my brothers and sisters out there. Even though we aren't all in the same department or city/state... Thank you all for being there when someone needs you.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom