First Annual Las Vegas Jeep Marathon

Skirmish

As some you may have heard our local Vegas club the War Machines 702 ran the first ever Vegas Jeep Marathon yesterday. It consisted of the 4 toughest trails we do in the South Vegas valley. Potato Ridge, Tie Rod Canyon, Devil's Peak and Copper Cache/Gold Mind in Nelson. I put over 200 miles on the odometer starting at 8:00 AM and finishing around 11:00 PM. It was epic!

We started with 3 teams, Black and Red running the full marathon and White doing everything except Devil's Peak. 5 rigs each on Black and Red, 4 on White started. One of Black Team flopped and decided he had enough, 2 made it to the end with the other two leaving in the middle to attend to some business. White Team lost one rig for the last trails to attend a college party and all 5 of my Red Team made it to the end.

I tore a u joint off the end of my front driver axle shaft at the end of the first trail turning a corner and we pulled the shaft, plugged the hole and kept rolling. I did Potato in 2 wheel drive bypassing the hard stuff then we stopped at Foxc's house and put his old d30 shaft in so I could run 4wd again.

Frank's LJ fell of the trail on Potato and flopped on the driver side damaging his A pillar, cracking the windshield and damaging the hard top. Not a great end for him but he did get upright and drive it off the trail.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367790380.218083.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367790415.501479.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367790440.971839.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367790456.882209.jpg

Other than that we had one TJ bend a stock tie rod, an XJ got too friendly with a couple boulders and a ZJ broke his T case shift cable.

It was a great run and the mood at the end was exhausted jubilation. MTG was unable to make it but OverlanderJK drove up to join us on his birthday. Also in attendance from this forum were 2012jkfng702 leading Team Black with Notajerryskid, me leading Team Red with FoxC and Toneman on Team White.

We will get more pics and vids up later also I will do a big movie of the day later but here are some to get it started.

Most of the lineup.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367791068.909032.jpg

Team Red (Alex, Billy, Skirmish FoxC and Chad)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367791098.713900.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367791184.979647.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367791203.288491.jpg

Last edited:

FoxC

A big thanks from WM702er's goes out to Keith...AKA: Skirmish, for organizing a great event! 18+ hrs in the rigs with the majority of that on the trail...what a day!:wings: Not a lot of pics since we were moving along rather fast, but Go-Pro footage to come...:yup:
A few pics of the "Red Team" coming back out of Devil's Peak:
IMG_2726 (800x533).jpg IMG_2736 (800x533).jpg

2012jkfng702

What a amazing event!,, was good times!!! Thanks to Larry Nickell and Nicole Johnson for the winching help as well. Definitely gonna be a annual event so... Hopefully overlandjk will post up his pics as well.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Very cool! So bummed I missed it. Sounds like it waa a good....long....time.

I think Overlander is probably still driving home. :idontknow:

Can't wait for all the pics and the video.

Was a great time. Btw if you were on the black team and were not black...... We liked you out. :D

Was a great time the whole time.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What a amazing event!,, was good times!!! Thanks to Larry Nickell and Nicole Johnson for the winching help as well. Definitely gonna be a annual event so... Hopefully overlandjk will post up his pics as well.

I think my computer is going to blow up trying to upload all the pics. :cheesy: might have to use a different source to upload as photobucket doesnt't like 300 hi res pics at the same time.

Oh and I'm pretty sure I bent my front axle on the drive home. :doh: ill check it out tomorrow.

I think my computer is going to blow up trying to upload all the pics. :cheesy: might have to use a different source to upload as photobucket doesnt't like 300 hi res pics at the same time.

Oh and I'm pretty sure I bent my front axle on the drive home. :doh: ill check it out tomorrow.

on the drive home??? this is what happens when you try to bypass the 15fwy!! that sucks though, we will now have to find you a 44!!!

andrew -

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well there goes an hour and a half of my life that I will never get back. Damn you photobucket! 268 pics are uploading to picasa now instead.

Here is one of Chris going up the wash at Potato Ridge.

DSC_0247.JPG

Little LJ action, pre flop

DSC_0251.JPG

Skirmish

That boulder on Chris' driver side is the one I call Chris rock since he was beached on it last year. I think I was spotting but its still his fault cause I had know idea what I was doing back then. Not that I do now but I really didn't then.
IMGP1083.jpg

Oh, I also forgot Notajerryskid's dad is on this forum and he was riding too. I believe he is OldMan on here posting up great pics of his red TJ Rubi build.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That boulder on Chris' driver side is the one I call Chris rock since he was beached on it last year. I think I was spotting but its still his fault cause I had know idea what I was doing back then. Not that I do now but I really didn't then.
IMGP1083.jpg

Oh, I also forgot Notajerryskid's dad is on this forum and he was riding too. I believe he is OldMan on here posting up great pics of his red TJ Rubi build.

:cheesy: Good thing I'm not taking the blame for spotting the flopped LJ. :cheesy:

Skirmish

:cheesy: Good thing I'm not taking the blame for spotting the flopped LJ. :cheesy:

I talked to Frankie today, told him the next big run is Topless Doorless Through Tie Rod so he won't need the top fixed. He is in good spirits and had fun while he was there. Ready to rebuild again.

Top Bottom