First time WJ owner with a new to me WJ

longarmwj

Beautiful WJ!!!

For a short period of time I ran a 60 rear 30 front in mine. Especially with 35s, I would seriously look into upgrading that front axle. I'm running a custom narrowed HP44 in the front of my WJ, and it works perfectly :thumb:

WJIN4LO

Beautiful WJ!!!

For a short period of time I ran a 60 rear 30 front in mine. Especially with 35s, I would seriously look into upgrading that front axle. I'm running a custom narrowed HP44 in the front of my WJ, and it works perfectly :thumb:
Previous owner wheeled it harder than I probably will for now with the current setup (Super 30 / Dana 44 large U joint 30 spline axles, sleeved), as long as I can get a few trips out of it before telling the wife a new diff is on the way I should be fine :D!

Out of interest what did your front diff set you back?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

longarmwj

Previous owner wheeled it harder than I probably will for now with the current setup (Super 30 / Dana 44 large U joint 30 spline axles, sleeved), as long as I can get a few trips out of it before telling the wife a new diff is on the way I should be fine :D!

Out of interest what did your front diff set you back?

I bought the axle already narrowed off a friend for 200. It had 5.13s in it already but I needed new gears because they were stripped.

Axle - $200
Gears - $260
Warn Locking Hubs - $167
Steel Diff Cover - $120
Custom RCV Axle Shafts - $1700
Various Metals for the Truss and Mounting - $190

So all and all just under $2,700 for the whole front end. As WJCO said also, Dynatrac will now build a PR44 for a WJ as well, and they are forum supporters who produce a fantastic product :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
I bought the axle already narrowed off a friend for 200. It had 5.13s in it already but I needed new gears because they were stripped.

Axle - $200
Gears - $260
Warn Locking Hubs - $167
Steel Diff Cover - $120

So all and all just under $2,700 for the whole front end. As WJCO said also, Dynatrac will now build a PR44 for a WJ as well, and they are forum supporters who produce a fantastic product :thumb:

Are you running a locker in yours?

WJIN4LO

Axle - $200
Gears - $260
Warn Locking Hubs - $167
Steel Diff Cover - $120

Thanks,

Stupidly I just spent some more money on it getting new seals done. I should have just put that towards a replacement!

WJCO

Meme King
Mine is a 1999 but has Quadradrive. Superchips told me there were no adjustments needed for gear calibration, only speedometer, however on the early models, that's not even adjustable through them. I had to get this weird resistance box and it still doesn't work right. Regardless, I have had no ABS issues. When I swapped the front axle, I literally cut the speed sensor wires on the WJ and on the new JK axle and wired them together and plugged it in to my Jeep. ABS works during panic stops. Cruise control still works. Speedometer still works. No issues with ABS activating by itself. I would carefully inspect around all four wheels at the ABS wires and see if something is messed up there.

Top Bottom