Fishbone Offroad JK-8 SEMA Build

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
What's the purpose of these? I googled it but didn't quite understand. Just so other law enforcement can identify you as friend instead of foe?

Easily identify units from the Sky and they are used in airports as well. But here's a run down from the fed sig site

"The Public Safety Game Changer
Introducing the revolutionary patented AirEL Illuminated Thermal Identification System for law enforcement, fire departments and other public safety uses. AirEL allows ground and aerial crews to establish vehicle identification through illuminated numbers which is vital in high-speed chases for securing a perimeter. From the ground perspective, AirEL commands a highly advanced look that establishes an authority or helpful presence instantly.

Seamless. Adaptable. Awesome.
The AirEL Illuminated/Thermal Identification System was designed to meet the increasing demands on not only law enforcement but many departments within the public safety industry. From fire departments to county rescue boats to airport security, AirEL has the adaptability to enhance all kinds of vehicles and uses. With its sleek design and simple installation, AirEL is a powerful identification tool.

A Brilliant System
The AirEL Illuminated System is comprised of alpha numeric characters, weather-proof housing pods and a compact inverter. For many years the powerful technology of electroluminescence has been proven on fighter jets, car dash systems and other industry uses.

The AirEL system can be easily integrated and activated through existing in-car unitrol selector. The durable characters have a powerful coating to withstand the elements. The AirEL system is a game changer in public safety identification."

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_4434.JPG

jesse3638

Hooked
Easily identify units from the Sky and they are used in airports as well. But here's a run down from the fed sig site

"The Public Safety Game Changer
Introducing the revolutionary patented AirEL Illuminated Thermal Identification System for law enforcement, fire departments and other public safety uses. AirEL allows ground and aerial crews to establish vehicle identification through illuminated numbers which is vital in high-speed chases for securing a perimeter. From the ground perspective, AirEL commands a highly advanced look that establishes an authority or helpful presence instantly.

Seamless. Adaptable. Awesome.
The AirEL Illuminated/Thermal Identification System was designed to meet the increasing demands on not only law enforcement but many departments within the public safety industry. From fire departments to county rescue boats to airport security, AirEL has the adaptability to enhance all kinds of vehicles and uses. With its sleek design and simple installation, AirEL is a powerful identification tool.

A Brilliant System
The AirEL Illuminated System is comprised of alpha numeric characters, weather-proof housing pods and a compact inverter. For many years the powerful technology of electroluminescence has been proven on fighter jets, car dash systems and other industry uses.

The AirEL system can be easily integrated and activated through existing in-car unitrol selector. The durable characters have a powerful coating to withstand the elements. The AirEL system is a game changer in public safety identification."

View attachment 275461
Showing these to our equipment development group. May have to take a drive this winter and have you do an install on the engine. How well will these work on and uneven "corrugated" type cab roof?

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Showing these to our equipment development group. May have to take a drive this winter and have you do an install on the engine. How well will these work on and uneven "corrugated" type cab roof?

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

They make a platform these mount on for that type of roof. But it's is flexible, it's a big 3M sticker with power. Once Sema is over I'll drive the Jeep down for you guys to check it out.

Last edited:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
They make a platform these mount on for that type of roof. But it's is flexible, it's a big 3M sticker with power. Once Sema is over I'll drive the Jeep down for you guys to check it out.

Be careful that old habits don't kick in and you feel obligated to make a traffic stop along the way. And/or you may get flagged down by some concerned citizen wanting police action. :bleh: :doh:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Be careful that old habits don't kick in and you feel obligated to make a traffic stop along the way. And/or you may get flagged down by some concerned citizen wanting police action. :bleh: :doh:

I just want to use the siren to move people out of the way. Is that to much ?? [emoji23]

I'll have it programmed to not function the red/blues when it's not in the shows. I know how to police myself.

jesse3638

Hooked

That is pretty cool. Just sent it to my equipment shop to have a look. They informed me of some glow in the dark paint to do operate similarly. Have you heard of that?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
That is pretty cool. Just sent it to my equipment shop to have a look. They informed me of some glow in the dark paint to do operate similarly. Have you heard of that?

I haven't heard of that, but I have not looked into it before. These flash and can be seen with night vision.

Plus who wouldn't want light up stickers???

Top Bottom