Fitting 37"s - 3.5" Coil lift w/ factory control arms vs. Long arms

Welp, I should have the springs swap done by mid next week. Just waiting on the LCA's and will put them in probably the week after. And I just pulled the trigger on 37" nitto trail grapplers just a moment ago from discount tire. Can't wait to see how this all pans out in the next couple weeks!

Fridge81

If you do go with the RK front lower control arms be sure that they are the stock length and not the mid arm. The mid arms are too long to adjust the pinion up for proper driveline angle unless you also have adjustable uppers.

If you do go with the RK front lower control arms be sure that they are the stock length and not the mid arm. The mid arms are too long to adjust the pinion up for proper driveline angle unless you also have adjustable uppers.

I got these guys. You know, I just assumed they would be stock length and not sell mid-arms by themselves as an upgrade. I hope that's the case - Do you think it is?

http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RK02015

Fridge81

I got these guys. You know, I just assumed they would be stock length and not sell mid-arms by themselves as an upgrade. I hope that's the case - Do you think it is?

http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RK02015

I just ran out to my garage and measured mine (I have a mid arm kit), it was 23" +/- eye to eye. I have the heim threaded in as far as it will go. I am willing to bet you will be fine with what you ordered, they weren't advertised as mid arm and believe RK actually stopped producing the Mid arms because of these types of issues and the fact that you basically only gain problems from running them in some cases.

I just ran out to my garage and measured mine (I have a mid arm kit), it was 23" +/- eye to eye. I have the heim threaded in as far as it will go. I am willing to bet you will be fine with what you ordered, they weren't advertised as mid arm and believe RK actually stopped producing the Mid arms because of these types of issues and the fact that you basically only gain problems from running them in some cases.

Good deal, thanks for running out to your garage brother. You didn't have to! Me, I'm staying inside the house right now int he AC. It's 90 and flooding outside in Houston right now lol!

Fridge81

Good deal, thanks for running out to your garage brother. You didn't have to! Me, I'm staying inside the house right now int he AC. It's 90 and flooding outside in Houston right now lol!

No worries, bro. 90 and flooding? No thank you! Haha. It's a dry 94 here with a slight breeze. Great beer drinking weather! Wait, any weather is good beer drinking weather.

No worries, bro. 90 and flooding? No thank you! Haha. It's a dry 94 here with a slight breeze. Great beer drinking weather! Wait, any weather is good beer drinking weather.

Tell me about it. My wife and I moved to Houston from San Diego about 2 years ago...went from possibly the best climate in the country to the absolute worst. Other than the weather, Houston is a sweet city. And yes...any weather is good beer weather...including the couch and AC!

Fridge81

Tell me about it. My wife and I moved to Houston from San Diego about 2 years ago...went from possibly the best climate in the country to the absolute worst. Other than the weather, Houston is a sweet city. And yes...any weather is good beer weather...including the couch and AC!

I live about an hour and a half east of SD down in Imperial Valley. It's close to jeep trails or the river or SD minus all the bullshit traffic. It gets hot as hell in the summer, but I still love it. Houston is a nice place, I used to have to fly there quarterly back in my oil field days. I've been there when it snowed, never expected that!

I live about an hour and a half east of SD down in Imperial Valley. It's close to jeep trails or the river or SD minus all the bullshit traffic. It gets hot as hell in the summer, but I still love it. Houston is a nice place, I used to have to fly there quarterly back in my oil field days. I've been there when it snowed, never expected that!

That's cool man. I miss SD. My wife was at medical school at UCSD so we were in La Jolla for four years. We were living the dream lol. Actually going to be in SoCal for two weddings (San clemente and San Marcos) in the next year. Trying to convince my wife to take the jeep out there and make it a road trip for one of them, and wheel of course, but that convo didn't move too far lol.

Fridge81

That's cool man. I miss SD. My wife was at medical school at UCSD so we were in La Jolla for four years. We were living the dream lol. Actually going to be in SoCal for two weddings (San clemente and San Marcos) in the next year. Trying to convince my wife to take the jeep out there and make it a road trip for one of them, and wheel of course, but that convo didn't move too far lol.

Haha! Why don't they ever buy into our awesome ideas?! At least you'll get to enjoy the weather two times this year that you know of!

Haha! Why don't they ever buy into our awesome ideas?! At least you'll get to enjoy the weather two times this year that you know of!

Haha yep, were excited to reunite with some of our favorite places out there. If you're ever in the heart of SD, there's a pizza and beer joint called "Blind Lady Ale House"...dude, it's is a revelation. You must hit it since you live in the general region.

Fridge81

Haha yep, were excited to reunite with some of our favorite places out there. If you're ever in the heart of SD, there's a pizza and beer joint called "Blind Lady Ale House"...dude, it's is a revelation. You must hit it since you live in the general region.

I totally will! We were just talking about making a trip since it's getting warmer here and we haven't been a little while. I love me some beer and pizza!

Top Bottom