Flashcal on a 2015?

Exodus 4x4

IMO I think the flashcal leaves a lot to be desired. I didn't realize when I bought it that it wasn't Mac compatible and I have to keep a dinosaur pc around just for this thing. I don't know why but on my first set of tire and wheel upgrades I was able to reset the tpms to 25. Since I swapped to different wheels it won't reset them and I'm stuck looking at the flashing light. I think I would have gone to procal if I could do it over again. I only went with flashcal for the option of upgrading it to a tuner later on but if I'm having his much trouble with the tpms I damn sure not going to mess with the engine tuning.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
IMO I think the flashcal leaves a lot to be desired. I didn't realize when I bought it that it wasn't Mac compatible and I have to keep a dinosaur pc around just for this thing. I don't know why but on my first set of tire and wheel upgrades I was able to reset the tpms to 25. Since I swapped to different wheels it won't reset them and I'm stuck looking at the flashing light. I think I would have gone to procal if I could do it over again. I only went with flashcal for the option of upgrading it to a tuner later on but if I'm having his much trouble with the tpms I damn sure not going to mess with the engine tuning.

I went with the flashcal to save $20... :doh: all I wanted it for is Speedometer Correction and TPMS adjustment. THATS IT! only after ordering did I learn that the Flashcal can only do the first, and the only "official" option for the second is to shut the system off entirely, which IMO is not something I want to do unless as a last resort. I dont mind the TPMS light on in when aired down, but I would like to retain the ability for the light to come on as I'm cruising down the highway if need be... I'm not updating mine until I have too, and if I start running into TPMS issues, i'm going to insist superchips buys it back from me, and I'll swap over to a procal... I'm just supprised they still advertise and have printed in the operation manual TPMS options when they are no longer available in the software on the device... :asshat: That is false advertising for sure!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me but did you update your flashcal on your computer? I know when I got my flashpaq there was a free tpms download that you could install to allow you to set the tpms to zero.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me but did you update your flashcal on your computer? I know when I got my flashpaq there was a free tpms download that you could install to allow you to set the tpms to zero.

No. Don't want it set to zero for daily use. Am disappointed because packaging and advertisement from Superchips claims "tpms adjustability options" when in fact the "options" offered are "on" or "off"

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
No. Don't want it set to zero for daily use. Am disappointed because packaging and advertisement from Superchips claims "tpms adjustability options" when in fact the "options" offered are "on" or "off"

It's not on or off. You can set it to as low as 22psi or off completly

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Updated the software, "purchased" the TPMS options from spark, but I'm not sure it transfered to the flashcal. There has been no change in any menu options. I'll have to try to update it again once I'm back at the house.

Man that spark software is FAR from plug and play... had to try it several times on 2 different pc's just to get the drivers to install so the computer would recognize the flashcal...

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Ok, well tried to update this thing about 5 times now... still NOTHING in the menu regarding TPMS... have a look:

Attachments

• 1447630014883.jpg
    1447630014883.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 1447630026411.jpg
    1447630026411.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 1447630035659.jpg
    1447630035659.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 71
  • 1447630043923.jpg
    1447630043923.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 71

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Wtf!? Ok so I just tried to update it again:
Now all of a sudden the TPMS upgrade hasn't been purchased?

Attachments

• 1447632053075.jpg
    1447632053075.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 1447632061777.jpg
    1447632061777.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 1447632071027.jpg
    1447632071027.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 69

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Tried it AGAIN... still ZERO tpms options

Attachments

• 1447632479833.jpg
    1447632479833.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 1447632490217.jpg
    1447632490217.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 1447632499735.jpg
    1447632499735.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 1447632509079.jpg
    1447632509079.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 68
  • 1447632518457.jpg
    1447632518457.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 69
  • 1447632528036.jpg
    1447632528036.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 1447632536517.jpg
    1447632536517.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 65
  • 1447632547375.jpg
    1447632547375.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 64

JeepJeep75

I was considering one of these just for the extra functions. I have a '15 manual as well. After seeing what your going thru I might just save my money for now until I have to change my tire size. Sheesh!! Seems like a major pain in the ass for only being able to change the tire size, idle-up, and fogs on with high beams. Everything else can already be done with the menus in the dash. Seems kinda weak...... Good luck with fighting with that pc and that Spark software. Hope you get it worked out. Thanks for keeping us updated on your fight.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Let me explain - as I was a bit confused. It basically boils down to this for the process. Set something on your JK. This will cause the ECU lock to your device. Then sync with the program, which will give you the option to download "purchase" the TPMS add-on for $0.00. Once you order and download it and sync it to your flashpaq you can go back to your JK and adjust TPMS.

Call Superchips if you're still having problems, they should be able to help. It took me a few minutes to figure it out but it wasn't that bad.

I'm more interested to see who wants to try the ECU swap. I'm considering it, but would really like someone else be the guinea pig.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Let me explain - as I was a bit confused. It basically boils down to this for the process. Set something on your JK. This will cause the ECU lock to your device. Then sync with the program, which will give you the option to download "purchase" the TPMS add-on for $0.00. Once you order and download it and sync it to your flashpaq you can go back to your JK and adjust TPMS.

Call Superchips if you're still having problems, they should be able to help. It took me a few minutes to figure it out but it wasn't that bad.

I'm more interested to see who wants to try the ECU swap. I'm considering it, but would really like someone else be the guinea pig.

hmm interesting, I'll try this method after work. :naw: 1 extra sentence in the instruction manual could have possibly saved all of this trouble...

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Feel free to ping me if you can't figure it out and we can always try to walk through it over skype or something.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Feel free to ping me if you can't figure it out and we can always try to walk through it over skype or something.

I may take you up on that, I don't have the wheels on the jeep yet, nor the gearing, so it's still stock. I tried changing the fogs w/ high beams, then updated the flashcal, re "purchased" the TPMS download, and reset the spark software and updated agaib. when I plugged it back into the jeep, it read out that it was infact locked to my jeep but of course no different result. No TPMS options at all...so I changed the horn and acc delay options and tried one more time. "Updated the flashcal" which again, didn't do a damn thing... honestly, I'm not supprised and I'm tired of wasting time with it. The jeep is going to dealer wednesday for warranty work, and once I get it back (assuming they fix it correctly) I'll start installing the major mods, and I'll mess with it more then. Thanks for the help, I'll bump this thread possibly next week if I can get the jeep back before the weekend :yep:

Anyone following this thread in the market for a programmer, at this point I HIGHLY recomend you spend $20 more and get the AEV Procal...

Last edited:
Top Bottom