Flat Nasty/Moonlight Memorial Day weekend

Chris1015

It was a good experience for sure. Already ordered a new diff cover and lube lockers. Drove home and stopped about 8-10 times every 50 miles to pump gear oil back in. Had a real consistent leak in the rear. Busted the rubber/plastic boot on my drive shaft. Not sure yet what I can do with that.

Attachments

• 20200523_220332.jpg
    20200523_220332.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 34

Chris1015

Flat Nasty though I will say is unreal. Definitely a place to try out for just about anyone. They had some insane rock trails to crawl around on.

BaddestCross

It was a good experience for sure. Already ordered a new diff cover and lube lockers. Drove home and stopped about 8-10 times every 50 miles to pump gear oil back in. Had a real consistent leak in the rear. Busted the rubber/plastic boot on my drive shaft. Not sure yet what I can do with that.
A hammer, grinder, and RTV will fix that leak. Which boot broke? The slip joint or the rpezza boot? The slip joint can be replaced or zip tied together. The rpezza going out will cause you to lose all the grease in the joint and your driveshaft will freeze. You can replace it but it will break again... Time for a new driveshaft if that's the case.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
A hammer, grinder, and RTV will fix that leak. Which boot broke? The slip joint or the rpezza boot? The slip joint can be replaced or zip tied together. The rpezza going out will cause you to lose all the grease in the joint and your driveshaft will freeze. You can replace it but it will break again... Time for a new driveshaft if that's the case.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

It was the slip joint boot. We hammered the cover back flat and told him to grind the cover down so it doesn’t happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom