FLEX TEST : Will 37's Clear a JL Rubicon running 2.5" of Lift & Without Rubbing??

Jeeper99

3.5" is a standard for a reason. Can't really go wrong with it.
Question: your original post shows 4.75" backspace with 37x13.50 tires. I'm moving to the 4.5" backspace because the wheel I want (Icon Rebound Pro beadlock) is only available with that backspace. Do you think there will be an interference issue on my JLUR with a 3.5" Metalcloak Game Changer?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Question: your original post shows 4.75" backspace with 37x13.50 tires. I'm moving to the 4.5" backspace because the wheel I want (Icon Rebound Pro beadlock) is only available with that backspace. Do you think there will be an interference issue on my JLUR with a 3.5" Metalcloak Game Changer?
Hard to say for sure but with the 13.50's, I definitely had rubbing issue with the coilovers I was running.

Jeeper99

Hard to say for sure but with the 13.50's, I definitely had rubbing issue with the coilovers I was running.
In checking my current 37x12.50s on 3.5" bs, it appears I have enough clearance for the 4.5", I may have to deal with some front liner rub at full lock-full flex.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In checking my current 37x12.50s on 3.5" bs, it appears I have enough clearance for the 4.5", I may have to deal with some front liner rub at full lock-full flex.
With 12.50's, I would think you should be fine. The 13.50's and the greater BS is what was giving us problems and enough so that we had to run wheel spacers. Once we moved back to 12.50, things were better and better still with new wheels with 3.5". Things to check are the rear sway bar links. The ends that mount to the sway bar can dig into the sidewalls especially if you have really big droop. Up front the problem would be with rubbing things like bypass shocks or coilovers but you don't have them so you should be okay.

Top Bottom