Flighty steering help

TRLJNKY

By that drawing the flat spot on the pumpkin and the caster are 6 degrees off. So you need to tilt the pumpkin back 2 degrees from vertical to get 4 degrees of caster (which is what you want). Depending on orientation, your gauge will read 88 or 92.
Yeah thank you. Light bulb finally went off. You all were a big help tonight. Ill dbl check my arms are for sure the same length tomorrow night and button it up. Hopefully ill be two thumbs up come tomorrow night. Thx everyone

fiend

Caught the Bug
Yeah thank you. Light bulb finally went off. You all were a big help tonight. Ill dbl check my arms are for sure the same length tomorrow night and button it up. Hopefully ill be two thumbs up come tomorrow night. Thx everyone

Ok good luck.

Just fyi, I corrected my post to say that you need to tilt the pumpkin forward — not back — by two degrees to get 4 degrees of caster.

TRLJNKY

Well sob. Think we got this thing licked. Went for a short drive on surface streets and so far dont feel any bump steer or "flightyness". Adj to the last pick of 90°. When I first put the gauge on it was 92ish. So thank you all for the help. Ill drive it around a bit more tomorrow maybe jump to freeway speeds and make sure I dont have a driveline vibration.

Cant believe caster was that far out with only a BB but it is what it is I guess.

Big shout out to all of you for the help and support and DDays you rock brotha. Thank you.

If anything changes I will let you guys know but Im actually feeling confident we got it.

jeeeep

Hooked
it's good to your hands dirty and have it work out. hopefully it's dialed in now and you'll have a much more enjoyable ride :thumb:

Never say out loud, hmmm wonder what these extra nuts are for :doh:

TRLJNKY

it's good to your hands dirty and have it work out. hopefully it's dialed in now and you'll have a much more enjoyable ride :thumb:

Never say out loud, hmmm wonder what these extra nuts are for :doh:
Lol no worries I just kicked the extra nuts under the work bench. No harm no foul that way 😁. It has been a good learning experience for sure. I have a much better understanding now of what and why.

aka cavfighter

Top Bottom