Ford Super Duty Axle Swap

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Yes and no. The 05+ has 35 spline outer stubs but require a TON more work and will also be 8x170 bolt pattern. The 04 and down have 30 spline outer stubs, can built a lot faster and easier, and will be 8x6.5 bolt pattern. If someone wants me to build them a set I recommend going with the 04 down axles and installing be Dynatrac free spin kit. This does a few things.
1) Eliminates the unit bearing
2) Keeps the stock ABS tooth count so you can continue to use a ProCal if you want
3) Gives you a 35 spline outer

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah the cast on the new ones are a bitch. Found a guy that sells them with them cut off for a great price. You have to change the outer stub for the dynatrac free spin kit? I didn’t know they made a kit. I knew Currie did.

Nvm Currie is unit bearing. Saw the dynatrac kit is 1800

Exodus 4x4

Yeah the cast on the new ones are a bitch. Found a guy that sells them with them cut off for a great price. You have to change the outer stub for the dynatrac free spin kit? I didn’t know they made a kit. I knew Currie did.

Nvm Currie is unit bearing. Saw the dynatrac kit is 1800

Yep. So when someone wants me to build them, I basically charge them my cost on all the parts, plus labor. If a guy has to source all the parts at retail and then build it himself, then it becomes unrealistic a real quick. Of corse that’s just my opinion though.

metalic

Yes and no. The 05+ has 35 spline outer stubs but require a TON more work and will also be 8x170 bolt pattern. The 04 and down have 30 spline outer stubs, can built a lot faster and easier, and will be 8x6.5 bolt pattern. If someone wants me to build them a set I recommend going with the 04 down axles and installing be Dynatrac free spin kit. This does a few things.
1) Eliminates the unit bearing
2) Keeps the stock ABS tooth count so you can continue to use a ProCal if you want
3) Gives you a 35 spline outer

Ford went 8x170 in 99 when they introduced the super duty. Does the dynatrac kit convert it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Ford went 8x170 in 99 when they introduced the super duty. Does the dynatrac kit convert it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I haven’t looked at the specs on Dynatracs website for every iteration of this product, but the couple I did look at say the product is for stock wheels. I take that to mean 8x170mm, not 8x6.5”.

Top Bottom