Found this gem today

That is just sexy

Thanks. Doing some routine maintenance on it right now. Greasing bearings and a lube job. I belong to a jeep club and most of them, me included,have jk's. We're invited to a antique car show event in September in Crow,OR. They're designating a section for us for our jeeps to come show off too. Administrator of our group asked if he get a pic of mine in its glory for the event banner. I'm gonna trailer it up there for the event too. Gonna be great

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
On a side note here what is everybody using for gasoline in these older Flathead engines I have access to 92 octane non-ethanol fuel should I use this with the lead substitute additive in the tank

Some old timers will actually add a little used engine oil in the gas... Crazy if you ask me lol

Ddays

Hooked
Some old timers will actually add a little used engine oil in the gas... Crazy if you ask me lol

Yeah, those same weiners dump used motor oil in their frames to keep them from rusting. :crazyeyes: I also heard of people using ATF fluid too.

OP, you're on the right track using the lead substitute. I used to have to add that to my old Ford farm tractor and I never had any issues doing so.

Yeah, those same weiners dump used motor oil in their frames to keep them from rusting. :crazyeyes: I also heard of people using ATF fluid too.

OP, you're on the right track using the lead substitute. I used to have to add that to my old Ford farm tractor and I never had any issues doing so.

The 21 year old kid of mine is like just use the alcohol gas, it's not gonna hurt it, at most it'll do is clean stuff up and you'll have to replace the fuel filter more often. This generation has no idea about good old regular gas before unleaded showed up

JeepJeep75

Hey littlered_jk, try putting some Marvel Mystery Oil in with the gas. I use this on my '73 Vette that does way more sitting than it should. It seems to keep it happy and it makes the exhaust smell like a race car. I know it's not a race jeep but the mystery oil will keep the fuel and valve train happy. Also be sure to add a zinc additive to the oil. Enjoy that gem that you have!!

Hey littlered_jk, try putting some Marvel Mystery Oil in with the gas. I use this on my '73 Vette that does way more sitting than it should. It seems to keep it happy and it makes the exhaust smell like a race car. I know it's not a race jeep but the mystery oil will keep the fuel and valve train happy. Also be sure to add a zinc additive to the oil. Enjoy that gem that you have!!

Thanks. Good to know. And yeah I'll enjoy it. :)

Bearings done. Put the windshield down and drove it around town on this memorial day. Many compliments. What a great start to the day.

Attachments

• 1464634807823.jpg
    1464634807823.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 1464634826329.jpg
    1464634826329.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 96
Sweet! That's higher than anything I saw online. You practically stole that thing lmao

Think I did too. Previous owner wasn't too concerned about the money. He was more worried about it going to a good home and being taken care of and appreciated

Top Bottom