Fr axle swap/gears and lockers

Kevgund

Hey All... So right now my budget allows for me to swap my front axle, new gears and air locker in the rear.

I have a 2014 JK, the quote I got was for a little over 10k.

Dynatrac front axle, rear axle re-geared to 4.88 gears and arb lockers.

Just looking for some opinions, I feel like this is a good direction to go but would like to hear some thoughts.

Thanks,

Kev

^^^that^^^ would be a pretty solid setup compared to what you have planned. It would also be a bolt in deal so you could save some money and hook it up yourself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

What tire size do you want to run. And is it your DD? I have the trail leader package on my 2dr 6speed with 37x13.50 Cooper's and about the only thing I wish I would have done different is get 5.13s instead of 4.88s. Mine is not a DD though with minimal hwy driving. Definitely a very solid set up for 37s or less and I'm happy with mine

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

What tire size do you want to run. And is it your DD? I have the trail leader package on my 2dr 6speed with 37x13.50 Cooper's and about the only thing I wish I would have done different is get 5.13s instead of 4.88s. Mine is not a DD though with minimal hwy driving. Definitely a very solid set up for 37s or less and I'm happy with mine

I was planning on 35s. It is my DD but I do not drive often, maybe 500 miles a month and that's on the high side. I actually got another quote to do the Dynatrac 44 front and 60 in the rear for a little over 12k. It's a big nut, so I just want to make the right decision.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just another option, I’m selling my previous setup for 7k plus shipping and will be levels stronger than that set up.

Fusion 4x4 60/44 hybrid front and SF 60 Rear with Pro Grips and spare rear 60 shafts.
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=59852

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I'm not really familiar with this option plus not super mechanically inclined to do the job myself.. I'm going to have to look into this.

I'm not really familiar with this option plus not super mechanically inclined to do the job myself.. I'm going to have to look into this.

They would be bolt in ready to your current control arms and shocks. But your Drive shafts would have to be updated to 1350s and you’ll need an arb compressor to operate the lockers. Any shop could do the work. It’s a simple bolt on, so it should be a simple swap.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I was planning on 35s. It is my DD but I do not drive often, maybe 500 miles a month and that's on the high side. I actually got another quote to do the Dynatrac 44 front and 60 in the rear for a little over 12k. It's a big nut, so I just want to make the right decision.

I also looked into that when doing my trail leader package since the price was pretty close. In the end I decided against it just because the rear axle is still semi float so you can bend axle shafts the same as the 44. The shafts are the same size, really the only benifit is ring a pinion size which I'm not running a V8 or 5.38 gears so I couldn't find a reason that made sense to spend the extra.

Now I did the work my self and honestly just putting a new axle in would have been easier than the shit I had to deal with getting mine re geared but if it's a shop you trust then shouldn't be a big deal

Top Bottom