Front Axle Knocking!

Jeep84

Hey, I have a 2014 Jeep JK Rubi.

I've been noticing a "Knock" coming from transmission tunnel area.
Crawled under to investigate and found; when I lift the front driver side tire and rotate it (Passenger side on ground) I get a knock coming from driver hub area.
When I lift the passenger side tire (Driver side on ground) and spin it, I still get a knock from the Driver side hub area.

I only notice the noise when coasting slowly and turning (Like rolling into a parking spot with foot on clutch). It is faint and I don't even really notice it with the radio on. Radio off and it is noticeable.
Also, if I have the window down, I don't really hear the knock from outside, I notice it more like it is resonating through chassis/body.

Have I broken something? Or is it just my Jeep getting older and making older Jeep noises?

4x4 still works, have not noticed anything misbehaving there.
Could it be the locking mechanism making some noise and resonating down driver side axle?
I have not been able to confirm if the locker is in fact working. Light on the dash says it is, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Inside the vehicle, the noise seems to come from center trans tunnel area, but under the vehicle, it comes from driver hub area.

Any Ideas? Thanks for the help.

Jeep84

It is not grinding. Its a knock for sure.
Also it is related to speed. The faster I'm moving, The faster the knock.

Also, it is doing it in 2wd, don't seem to notice in in 4wd.

I will see if I can find that other thread that was mentioned.

Any other ideas, please give me a heads up.
Thanks.

Heavyhaul07

I had a similar problem. Found it was my stock front drive shaft was bad. The joint at the t case was causing it.

Top Bottom