Front axle leaking diff fluid?

Same issue here. Only leaking a bit on passenger side. I'm still running stock and sad looking 29" tires. Granted I only have the D30 upfront, the Jeep has only seen a handful of moderate trails.

Possibly just the seals? I have a hard time thinking the tubes could be bent but could they?

View attachment 102808 View attachment 102810

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Probably just a bad seal. any play in the axle can hurt the seals. It's a good idea to check things out. Ball joints, u-joints, camber.

GuillaumeC91

Probably just a bad seal. any play in the axle can hurt the seals. It's a good idea to check things out. Ball joints, u-joints, camber.

Awesome, will do. Your other thread talks about the difference between the AB/AC seals. Does this apply to a D30 front axle? Is that only an outer seal, and is that the only seal that needs to be replaced or is there also an inner seal?

Awesome, will do. Your other thread talks about the difference between the AB/AC seals. Does this apply to a D30 front axle? Is that only an outer seal, and is that the only seal that needs to be replaced or is there also an inner seal?

No outer seals, both inners are replaced taking out the carrier.
I believe it's the same seal dana 30/44 but look into it. From what I was told. The AC code superseded AB
I took the risk and installed the AB's because the AC's seamed tight around the axle. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411987215.707518.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411987238.454543.jpg

Top Bottom