Front Bumpers

Brankz

I am currently trying to keep my gear and locker budget on schedule for mid august... but the pics you posted make me want the bumper NOW....lol

Lol it's not that $$$$ I pay 360 or 380 you will be super happy with the buy

Clem319

This was on smittybuilts Instagram. I believe the quality has improved, however I don't want smittybuilt. But, the guy claims the bumper saved his life. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407087470.630298.jpg

Clem319

How did the passenger side hit his driver side if it was a head on? :thinking:

And it's a warn winch not a smittybilt

Yea it's not exactly head on. Looks like they clipped eachother and the bumper pushed the other car to the drivers side of the jeep. Said on the post that smittybuilt sent him a new bumper for free so that's cool.

I'm looking into some different bumpers for my Jeep and I'm on a budget. I was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions on cheaper, quality bumpers that have a stinger or some sort of grille guard. I know you can go super cheap and get a crappy quality stinger that will fold right over, but I want a quality made product. Any suggestions?

Let us know if we can be of any help, we make 7 different JK Front bumpers, anything from shortys to full widths, bull bars to stingers. Plus Northridge is running a special on them right now! The pics below are of our Armor Lite Shorty Front bumper which are a bit more budget friendly, allowing you to add different guards or winch mounting options at a later date.

LoD

4.jpg 2.jpg

JKBlackie

LōD Offroad;347752 said:
Let us know if we can be of any help, we make 7 different JK Front bumpers, anything from shortys to full widths, bull bars to stingers. Plus Northridge is running a special on them right now! The pics below are of our Armor Lite Shorty Front bumper which are a bit more budget friendly, allowing you to add different guards or winch mounting options at a later date.

LoD

View attachment 94261 View attachment 94262

Those do look good! Thanks guys I'll keep those in mind for sure!

Mikead40

When I first built my jeep a year and a half ago, I was new to all this (still am). I wandered in to the local 4 wheel parts and bought everything they wanted to sell me. :doh:
I've since replaced just about everything they installed - most of which was smittybilt/procomp - because it all had failed on me in some way or another. The one exception is my smittybilt front bumper. Believe me, I would like to replace it with something else - preferably something built in USA, but I can't justify it now only because it hasn't failed me yet. I've smacked it around A LOT - backing off ledges, pulling in to ledges/rocks etc. It hasn't budged. All that said, I would still probably go with a more sturdy, USA-made brand - like the ones mentioned previously in this thread (that LoD one looks awesome and I'm sure is very well engineered/built). Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with the smittybilt, and let you know that in my opinion it's probably not the worst low-end bumper you can get.

Last edited:

Kavanji

When I first built my jeep a year and a half ago, I was new to all this (still am). I wandered in to the local 4 wheel parts and bought everything they wanted to sell me. :doh:
I've since replaced just about everything they installed - most of which was smittybilt/procomp - because it all had failed on me in some way or another. The one exception is my smittybilt front bumper. Believe me, I would like to replace it with something else - preferably something built in USA, but I can't justify it now only because it hasn't failed me yet. I've smacked it around A LOT - backing off ledges, pulling in to ledges/rocks etc. It hasn't budged. All that said, I would still probably go with a more sturdy, USA-made brand - like the ones mentioned previously in this thread (that LoD one looks awesome and I'm sure is very well engineered/built). Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with the smittybilt, and let you know that in my opinion it's probably not the worst low-end bumper you can get.

if you cant bend it you are not trying hard enough;)

JKBlackie

Yeah it seems like Smittybilt isn't the worst option out there for the price. But the Bare Bonez bumper might have been my favorite one I've seen so far.

Last edited:

JKBlackie

You bet. It's still one of my favorite bumper setups that I've run. :yup:

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I had a question about the Bare Bonez Bumper. Does it come ready to install a winch? Would I have to buy a winch plate or anything else to mount a winch?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I had a question about the Bare Bonez Bumper. Does it come ready to install a winch? Would I have to buy a winch plate or anything else to mount a winch?

I believe it comes with the plate, hoop and d rings. If you have a 12 and up, you may have to relocate your brake vacuum pump. Rubicat used to run this before getting a ¼ pounder. The hoop and d rings fit the ¼ pounder if you decide to go that route later on.

Attachments

• 1407685938731.jpg
    1407685938731.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 75

JKBlackie

I believe it comes with the plate, hoop and d rings. If you have a 12 and up, you may have to relocate your brake vacuum pump. Rubicat used to run this before getting a ¼ pounder. The hoop and d rings fit the ¼ pounder if you decide to go that route later on.

Oh wow! That's awesome! That's pretty convenient. I have a 10. Will I probably not have to relocate the vacuum pump?

Top Bottom