Front diff cover leaking. Warranty or go aftermarket?

jeeeep

Hooked
check your stock cover lower lip, I thought they had fixed the slight overhang but maybe not.

If you look at the rear stock cover the lower lip hangs slightly below the axle, it's very little but enough to catch on stuff and peel back and leak. the stock covers are strong other than that hanging lip - you can take a dremel or grinder and shave that portion off so it's flush with the casing.

I almost forgot I have 2 Solid covers I never used...I need to get them sold :doh:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
check your stock cover lower lip, I thought they had fixed the slight overhang but maybe not.

If you look at the rear stock cover the lower lip hangs slightly below the axle, it's very little but enough to catch on stuff and peel back and leak. the stock covers are strong other than that hanging lip - you can take a dremel or grinder and shave that portion off so it's flush with the casing.

I almost forgot I have 2 Solid covers I never used...I need to get them sold :doh:

They haven't changed it. Mine isn't peeled back but there's no paint left on the underside of the pumpkin and it's slightly weeping. I'll get it done under warranty and then shave off the bottom lip

Top Bottom