Front Drive Shaft Dillema

TonyViv

If you all will forgive my lack of knowledge, is the only difference between the 1310 and 1350 drive shafts the u joints? Or is there a difference in the actual driveshaft itself? Size diameter strength?
My rear boot is ripped and I am in the market as well.... been looking at Adams.... opinions?

Thanks
Tony

TennJK

If I have learned anything, do something completely and right if you're going to do it. I would just do the 1350. You seem to want it more than the 1310. Go with your gut

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
OK, so here is the background information first... 13 JKU Sahara, 2.5" RK lift, upgraded 35 spline rear Dana 44 with ARB Locker, Gusseted D30 Front, 4.88 Gears, currently 35" BFG KO2's

After my last trip to Uwharrie, I came home and did a full inspection of the rig. I noticed the boot on the front drive shaft has a few small tears on it. Yuck. Anyways, as I plan to have this rig for a LONG time and eventually upgrade to 37" tires and a PR44 front, it seems like I need to bite the bullet and order a new front drive shaft, right? A replacement boot is a bad idea? I am confused on a few things:

1) As I am eventually going to a 37" tire (12-18 months out), I would assume I should go with a 1350 shaft, not the 1310, correct?
2) If so, does the 1350 shaft put any added strain on the D30 I currently have? I would like to get as much time out of the D30 as possible.
3) Eventually I will land on a PR44 front axle, will the jump from the D30 to PR44 change anything regarding the drive shaft that would make me have to buy another shaft when I upgrade?
4) Coast vs. Reel vs. Adams? Any benefit to one vs the other?

I want to get this taken care of before the Windrock trip May 13-15. As always, thanks for the help WAL.

There's a place here in gsp called carolina driveline. They made my front and rear. And can have it done in a day or two. Pretty dang affordable as well.

Top Bottom