Front Evo DTD install tips??

swampdog

I have vehicles in my shop from Alaska, Texas, Michigan, etc.... If you want something done "correctly", it is not always right across the street. But hey, what do I know.....

Not trying to insult you, just thought you read NYC as NC and you recommended Wilmington. No harm intended

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Yea, NC is too far...any Diy people here that conquered this install??

There have been some to do it. The one thing I took from it was that it was time consuming so it wasn't a one day deal. Something to think about if the jeep is your only mode of transportation.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Not 100% positive, but pretty sure that when I called Offroad Evolution to get a quote to have my Evo DTD, high clearance long arms, and Evo Rock Stops installed I was told it takes approximately 40 hours of labor. Thats with the pros doing it. Definitely quite a bit longer for someone who does not have the proper equipment/tools, and experience. I could be wrong on the 40 hours, but still, no small task.

jeeper52

LOSER
Yea, NC is too far...any Diy people here that conquered this install??

I did mine. I did have a guy burn everything in because i wanted to make sure the welds were good. Fir the most part everything self locates and can only be mounted one way. However its not a fool proof kit at all. The directions are not real clear either, probably because Evo didn't right up the directions for the garage mechanics. I got everything installed and trailered it up to northridge 4x4 for final inspection. They did have to cut off the shock mounts on the axle because they were too far forward and there wasn't enough room for the swaybar link tabs. Little mistakes like that can be counter productive. Thankfully that was the only thing that needed to be redone. I would definitely not expect to have it done in a weekend or even two. If this jeep is your only means of transportation i would definitely have a shop do it. It probably took me somwhere in the 80-100 hr mark for the front and rear dtd and high clearance long arm.

jeeper52

LOSER
Im only going to install the front dtd, how many hours did it take you to do the front?

I would count on reserving the weekend. Takes a fair amount of time removing the stock shock mounts/coil mounts on the frame and axle. Also make sure on the driver's side that you dont lean the new shock tower back to far because it will come in contact with the steering shaft. I recommend buying a degree finder to make sure both are the same.

TomRalph

After seeing the pics and what is needed to get it installed I would have a shop do it... Even as someone who can lay down a bead pretty well, there are a few things I don't mess with. Natural Gas connections in the house, Electrical over 480V, welding suspension parts to my vehicle... I self welded perches on a International Scout II one point in my life to see them rip off while crawling at the mall :(

Good luck! Post up some pics when you get it all buttoned up :clap2:

Top Bottom