Front grill prep???

defCon5

Yup. It's ready. Get this...FlexSeal grill!!!

Worked out great! Wiped the grill down with 70% alcohol then wiped it down w a dry towel. Looks fan-effing-tastic. (The grill was gratis so I couldn't loose 😉)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365295972.658339.jpg

defCon5

Just sprayed the second coat. First was dry to the touch so I thought (what the hell) may as well get it handled and install it manyana.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365299510.372851.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks good man!! I'm plasti dipping mine tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

defCon5

Et voila!!! I know it's been done a thousand times but I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl now that I've got mine handled !!😜

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365341887.091352.jpg

arashi

Concerning the JEEP front grills, anybody knows if someone does it in fiberglass black finish?

I had a tough the other day, and I could picture my white JEEP with that design.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Flex seal looks good if you want the textured look (I like it.) Plastidip is MUCH MUCH smoother. I have had my grill plastidipped for almost 2 years now and it still looks great. If it gets scratched, I'll just peel it off and spray again. A can is only $7 so I don't mind redipping every 3 years. A big bonus is the grill remains perfect and protected underneath, so if you ever wanted to trade the rig in for a new one, the grill can go back to stock ASAP.

silverbackjk

Flex seal looks good if you want the textured look (I like it.) Plastidip is MUCH MUCH smoother. I have had my grill plastidipped for almost 2 years now and it still looks great. If it gets scratched, I'll just peel it off and spray again. A can is only $7 so I don't mind redipping every 3 years. A big bonus is the grill remains perfect and protected underneath, so if you ever wanted to trade the rig in for a new one, the grill can go back to stock ASAP.

I would think the dealer would like the black grill better than stock

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Agreed one would think they would like it

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I would think the dealer would like the black grill better than stock

You would think wrong. The dealer wants what the customer is more likely to buy and customers like to buy vehicles as stock as possible and with as little evidence of modification as possible.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Finally installed my grill back on this morning. Man it is a bitch working around the winch.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365429462.959210.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365429471.244884.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365429482.379054.jpg

defCon5

This is why I was lucky to have another new grill given to me. 😃 I can switch it back to stock if needed.

Rivertoys

After coat two!

plasti_dip1.jpg

desertrunner

personally i liked the look of the chrome jeep logo so i pulled mine off just bought some 3m tape painted it (4 coats of plasti dip) and put it back on i think it turned out really nice

IMAG1189.jpg

Top Bottom