FS: Genright front and rear bumpers.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Well got the rear pretty much done. Just have to fix some wiring for the tail lights, which I screwed up when I got tired and started rushing things.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_1900.jpg IMG_1901.JPG IMG_1902.jpg

MericaMade

Well got the rear pretty much done. Just have to fix some wiring for the tail lights, which I screwed up when I got tired and started rushing things.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app View attachment 327862 View attachment 327863 View attachment 327864

Looks great. I like that you ran the wiring through the tube keeping it clean. Looks really good on your Jeep. You also got me shopping for the MCE fenders now.:thumb:

Any issues? all nuts and bolts worked right?

fiend

Caught the Bug
Looks awesome Greer! You headed out to CB next weekend?

That’s the plan if I can get it all together. [emoji1591][emoji1306]

Looks good. I really like the looks of it.

Where are you headed to next weekend?

Thanks Jerry! Cougar Buttes, if I get it all together. It’s not my trip, but I can see if there’s room for another if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Looks great. I like that you ran the wiring through the tube keeping it clean. Looks really good on your Jeep. You also got me shopping for the MCE fenders now.:thumb:

Any issues? all nuts and bolts worked right?

Thanks man! I puzzled over the wiring for a while, but I think it came out alright. Other than the license plate light blinking with the turn signals. [emoji23]

The MCEs are great. I highly recommend them, if you have the means.

I ended up getting mostly new hardware. The stainless for the rear were all a little too long, which was no big deal. But I forgot how stainless fasteners are weaker than non stainless, and they also gall. In mocking it up I overtightened and broke a few. So I got new stuff, used anti-seize, and didn’t crank down so much. Seems ok now.

For the front I got new grade 8s and nylocks. The older stuff would have worked but was a little chewed up. Since I save a few hundred bucks skipping the powder coating, I figured I could spend 20 on fasteners. [emoji16] Front bumper and winch tray are in the paint shop (my driveway) this week. Hopefully done for installation on Friday.

jdofmemi

Thanks. It’s a “ten foot paint job.” [emoji38]

That is plenty good to go rub on an occasional rock. Plus, the touch up is easier😁

That’s the plan if I can get it all together. [emoji1591][emoji1306]

Thanks Jerry! Cougar Buttes, if I get it all together. It’s not my trip, but I can see if there’s room for another if you’re interested.

I'm interested, I just need to figure out if I have to work this weekend or not. That part is up to my customer and how much of a hurry they are in.

MericaMade

Thanks man! I puzzled over the wiring for a while, but I think it came out alright. Other than the license plate light blinking with the turn signals. [emoji23]

The MCEs are great. I highly recommend them, if you have the means.

I ended up getting mostly new hardware. The stainless for the rear were all a little too long, which was no big deal. But I forgot how stainless fasteners are weaker than non stainless, and they also gall. In mocking it up I overtightened and broke a few. So I got new stuff, used anti-seize, and didn’t crank down so much. Seems ok now.

For the front I got new grade 8s and nylocks. The older stuff would have worked but was a little chewed up. Since I save a few hundred bucks skipping the powder coating, I figured I could spend 20 on fasteners. [emoji16] Front bumper and winch tray are in the paint shop (my driveway) this week. Hopefully done for installation on Friday.

Did you tap into the wire loom attached to the tail lights or did you go inside the cab to the wire loom that's running to the rear tailgate and I believe it's a white wire with a tan stripe that will give you your rear brake light and won't blink with your blinker.

I believe the license plate 12v is a white wire with a gray stripe on my 17.

I ran into a similar issue installing my Evo setup.

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Did you tap into the wire loom attached to the tail lights or did you go inside the cab to the wire loom that's running to the rear tailgate and I believe it's a white wire with a tan stripe that will give you your rear brake light and won't blink with your blinker.

I believe the license plate 12v is a white wire with a gray stripe on my 17.

I ran into a similar issue installing my Evo setup.

I got lazy and tried to do it at the passenger tail light. No bueno. Would have fixed it, but it was 5:30 and Negroni time, so ....

fiend

Caught the Bug
Looks good. I've been paying more attention to the Genright stuff lately and I'm liking it. They sure are proud ($$), but their aluminum carrier and bumpers sure are nice.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Yeah pretty decent stuff. Aluminum would be cool to save weight, but as you know I “use” my bumpers, so I’m not sure it would work for me. [emoji23]

Top Bottom