Gas fill problem

Tackerdown

Banned
Read this write up from jk forum I think this is a place for you to look. The part that says it relieves gas pressure.

A little more info for the OP's questions: What is it? and What does it do?

From the factory service manual:

A maintenance free, EVAP canister is used on all vehicles. The EVAP canister is filled with granules of an activated carbon mixture. Fuel vapors entering the EVAP canister are absorbed by the charcoal granules. Fuel tank pressure vents into the EVAP canister. Fuel vapors are temporarily held in the canister until they can be drawn into the intake manifold. The duty cycle EVAP canister purge solenoid allows the EVAP canister to be purged at predetermined times and at certain engine operating conditions. The EVAP canister is also to be considered as part of the ORVR system.

The ORVR (On-Board Refueling Vapor Recovery) system is used to remove excess fuel tank vapors. This is done while the vehicle is being refueled. Fuel flowing into the fuel filler tube (approx. 1” I.D.) creates an aspiration effect drawing air into the fuel fill tube. During refueling, the fuel tank is vented to the EVAP canister to capture escaping vapors. With air flowing into the filler tube, there are no fuel vapors escaping to the atmosphere. Once the refueling vapors are captured by the EVAP canister, the vehicle's computer controlled purge system draws vapor out of the canister for the engine to burn. The vapor flow is metered by the purge solenoid so that there is no, or minimal impact on driveability or tailpipe emissions. As fuel starts to flow through the fuel fill tube, it opens the normally closed check valve and enters the fuel tank. Vapor or air is expelled from the tank through the control valve and on to the vapor canister. Vapor is absorbed in the EVAP canister until vapor flow in the lines stops. This stoppage occurs following fuel shut-off, or by having the fuel level in the tank rise high enough to close the control valve. This control valve contains a float that rises to seal the large diameter vent path to the EVAP canister. At this point in the refueling process, fuel tank pressure increases, the check valve closes (preventing liquid fuel from spiting back at the operator), and fuel then rises up the fuel filler tube to shut off the dispensing nozzle.

C.O.D.

JTJK3.8

Okay,

so i do not know if anyone followed this thread or not but, i found the problem.
connected to your evap canister there is a white box i believe it was called the evap leak detection sensor/evap detection sensor:hmm:

I am not 100% sure if thats the name of the part because on the receipt everything is abbreviated.
i will post a picture shortly

JTJK3.8

We should lol..

image-1797521774.jpg

This is what the part looks like and the box has the MOPAR part number on it, if anyone ever has this problem.

Top Bottom