Gearing question

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
How did they do in Colorado? I have family in Boulder so I'm looking forward to taking it out there one summer.

I am satisfied with my 4.10/35" combo in CO. No problems with highway, mountain passes etc. My JKUR was a DD until last weekend and regularly saw 100 - 120 miles daily, much of it at 75 mph (+/- 10 mph). I must admit that I have no experience with other gearing options though, so obviously YMMV.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Now that my JKUR is recreational (not DD), I am in the process of upgrading drivetrain for 37s. I definitely want the re-gear to be deeper than the equivalent 4.10/35 combo that I have now... if that makes sense. Lol. I'm not sure if I should go 4.88 or 5.13...

It will probably be noticeable on the hills around here. But I wouldn't recommend re-gearing for a single trip though. However, if it gives you an excuse to re-gear anyway.........

I am satisfied with my 4.10/35" combo in CO. No problems with highway, mountain passes etc. My JKUR was a DD until last weekend and regularly saw 100 - 120 miles daily, much of it at 75 mph (+/- 10 mph). I must admit that I have no experience with other gearing options though, so obviously YMMV.

Glad to hear that. I one day hope to end up out west in the mountains someday.

WJCO I know I can do the Silverton/Teluride/Ouray relativity stock, but what about the trails in the Boulder area? Is Holy Cross doable on 35s?

WJCO

Meme King
Glad to hear that. I one day hope to end up out west in the mountains someday.

WJCO I know I can do the Silverton/Teluride/Ouray relativity stock, but what about the trails in the Boulder area? Is Holy Cross doable on 35s?

I have not done Holy Cross, but I know Eddie has a video on it if you want to check it out :D. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSR8XQz5aSc You can run most of the trails around Boulder on a stock rig if you pick a good line. Most of the trails around Boulder are more for camping getaways and sight-seeing. They can have obstacles, but nothing too intense.

That's great to know maybe I can get out there sooner than later. I saw Eddie's video and it made me question it a little. I have seen others where it didn't look as difficult as in his, Maybe they just took harder lines since it was the JKX.

Top Bottom