Gears & Lockers

jorgelrod

Hooked
Since your thread is turning into a shit show, who knows if you'll get the answer you need. Truthfully if I were you, look at the big picture of things for the future. If you really plan on 37s, save for a stronger axle. Here's what happened to me: I spent about 1700 strictly for a regear, then about a year later did a front axle swap paying money again for front gears and labor. Then about 6 months later did a rear ARB locker, another 1500ish. I wish I had thought it out better and done it once. And now, I'm considering going up a tire size, and also with all the gear/tools I carry, I wish I had gone just one ratio lower. Moral: Look at the big future picture and spend the money once.

Same thing happened to me, except, now I'm at that fence between staying on 35's or doing 37's when these wear out and thinking I might need to jump from 4.56 to 4.88, etc, etc, I hate being poor...

WestKY

I have tried lockers in the front and the rear, past experience on CJ 5's. I seem to had better luck locking the rear, locking the front I sacrificed some steering ability going down grades. I've order a new JL with the Dana 44 anti slip rear upgrade I'll tell ya more about how it handles when I get it.

Top Bottom