GenRight Carrier Install

StrizzyChris

I must say that this was a really easy install...there were a few little issues that arose while doing this, but nothing too difficult to overcome. :thumb: :yup:

StrizzyChris

I actually just finished the final install today after painting. I'll post up pics once I get the license plate light wired and mounted. I was impressed with the over all quality but I still have a couple minor complaints.

#1 the main receiver latch(drivers side) is aluminum even though I ordered a steel carrier. I called GenRight, and they said they ONLY make that part in aluminum. So my fingers are crossed that there's no corrosion

#2 the passenger side brackets do not have little washers to go between the carrier bracket and the tailgate bracket. Because of this my paint that I just spent a decade making perfect is all scraped off where there's contact.

Outside of those two issues, I'm very pleased with the carrier.

StrizzyChris

Oh and just in case anyone else were wondering what tools were required, I kept a list of everything I needed.

You'll need sizes 1/4", 5/16", and 1/2" drill bits(plus more for initial tapping and sizing up to these size bits). Some 9/32", 13mm, and 13/16" sockets and wrench. A T47 star bit. A 7/16", and 13mm wrench. A crescent wrench, a philips head screw driver, cordless drill. Lastly you'll need sizes 3/16", 5/32",& a 5 metric Allen wrenches. I used a level(after I leveled my jeep) when installing all the brackets but its not mandatory for the install, I'm just anal like that.

Top Bottom