Genright Rear Tire Carrier unboxing

wwood

Let me add, i took a piece of pipe of the same thickness and tested the rivnut first. I bit on the inside great. Having an install tool helps ensure the proper fitment of the rivnut.

Thanks for the info and pics. I was just wondering about whether the rivnuts would lock up properly on a curved surface like the carrier tube? I don't have any experience with rivnuts so this may be a dumb question but are they supposed to be strong enough to handle the bumping and bouncing around that they will take when offroad with a full tank of fuel in the Rotopax?

I did buy a Marson 325 RN rivnut setter to install PSC rocker and rear corner armor so that should work fine on the carrier as well. Still fiddling with my suspension but I hopefully will get to the armor and carrier install next week.

Serg5000

Great idea of using the rivnut instead of drilling all the way through the tubing. and excellent thought to test it first with a piece of scrap so you could see how it is biting on the inside of the tubing :thumb:

I'm a huge fan of these damn rivnuts. I want to use them on everything.

And yes, testing it was going to tell me if I should or shouldn't use them. After installing the first one into the carrier. You can see just how well it pinched the tube wall. Just as the test pipe did. I tell you, the hardest part was getting the drill bit to keep from wandering. But as you can see I got it.

Serg5000

Thanks for the info and pics. I was just wondering about whether the rivnuts would lock up properly on a curved surface like the carrier tube? I don't have any experience with rivnuts so this may be a dumb question but are they supposed to be strong enough to handle the bumping and bouncing around that they will take when offroad with a full tank of fuel in the Rotopax?

I did buy a Marson 325 RN rivnut setter to install PSC rocker and rear corner armor so that should work fine on the carrier as well. Still fiddling with my suspension but I hopefully will get to the armor and carrier install next week.

I will answer as best I can. It's obvious you know how a rivnut works. And how the threads are on the opposite side of what you want to mount. Once you mount your plate, the bolt keek constant pressure on the lip that pinched the material wall. So in my opinion, yes it will.

Atch

Rivnuts should be plenty strong enough considering all the weight placed on them for the EVO tire carrier!

pvanweelden

So its the carrier is bolted only to the armor? The bolt doesn't go thru the armor and the JK body?

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

^ thanks, I was going to be concerned about what I know is a great design :D

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

do you guys think I could stuff a toyo 38x14 into this carrier?

it all depends on what BS wheels you are using and if you want the wheel face to face out. I am running slabs(3.5" BS) and Nitto 37x12.50r17 and with them facing out I can BARELY get them on the carrier and for the speed wheel to catch a thread. a 14" wide tire and a wheel with less than 5" of BS will be difficult to say the least. Again this is all IF you plan to run it facing out.

Top Bottom