Get your damn flu shots!!!

TrailHunter

Hooked
My buddy got the flu shot a month ago because his doctor talked him into it.... Knocked him on his ass for a week... arm was so sore and swollen he couldn’t lift it above his head... he ended up going to the ER... The dude goes to the Gym regularly and rarely gets sick... till he got the shot. I asked him if he would ever get another one... He said “Fuck No!, Never”...

Me, the wife & kids have Never had a Flu Shot... when we do get sick, it passes pretty fast... but we try to eat fairly healthy, stay active and take supplements... All these shots Doctors push scare me way more than getting a flu for a couple days. To each is their own.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Fellas, there are dozens of different strains of the flu, and annual flu shots only build resistance to certain strains (different ones each year), so saying you got sick only when you got the shot is poor logic to argue against the vaccine.

More importantly, a key purpose of vaccinations is to protect sensitive groups of a population (i.e. elderly, infants, etc.) by helping slow the spread of particularly virulent strains of the disease by building resistance among the bulk of the population who would otherwise act as carriers. Getting your flu shot is always a good idea, unless you live completely isolated from society.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Agree fully.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Apparently a tetanus shot has a whooping cough vaccine in it, which could be good

Five kids in my oldest son’s high school just got whooping cough. They shut the entire school down for four days to sanitize. Interestingly, only one of the five kids was not vaccinated against whooping cough.

I happen to believe in vaccines, including the flu shot, but they are far from perfect.

I didn’t used to get it. But the last couple years isn’t the normal flu of the past, it’s straight up evil, took me out for near two weeks, lost 15 lbs. Didn’t fully recover for about a month. Now I’m all about that $10 booster shot.

Brute

Hooked
Fellas, there are dozens of different strains of the flu, and annual flu shots only build resistance to certain strains (different ones each year), so saying you got sick only when you got the shot is poor logic to argue against the vaccine.

More importantly, a key purpose of vaccinations is to protect sensitive groups of a population (i.e. elderly, infants, etc.) by helping slow the spread of particularly virulent strains of the disease by building resistance among the bulk of the population who would otherwise act as carriers. Getting your flu shot is always a good idea, unless you live completely isolated from society.

Generally speaking, vaccinations are a good idea...and I agree with Noble Woodsman as to why they are a good idea. I used to not get the flu shot until my air travelling really ramped up about a decade ago...now I get it every year.

DESH

Last year got the shot. To bad it was the wrong strain... like someone else said, forced every year because the military. Now I decide when. Every other year and no flu. I’d get it every year but they can’t seem to get the right strain..

TheGrendel

i used to not get the flu shot. i had not gotten the flu since i was about 12. but, we had our first baby in March. so, flu shot last year and every year going forward. it's not about me anymore. need to lessen the chances my child gets it as well.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
It would help if people would stay home if they know they have the flu. Co-worker comes to work with the flu claiming she can't afford to stay home yet her and her family are going to Disneyland. I get the flu, its' during Christmas time, I couldn't go see my mother because there is an unwritten rule that no one goes to my mom's house sick (older parent). I was so sick I had to be put on FMLA to stop racking up attendance points and was out of work for 2 wks. Oh, I burned through my vacation time that I was saving up for a vacation.

trailraider

I have never had the flu, I have never had the flu shot , coincidence maybe, healthy immune system, yes. I am all for vaccines and think people should get them . I personally can't as it would literally kill me. Something to do with anaphylactic issues because of bee stings. But people should be aware of what is in those shots. not a pleasant read. lots of weird shit in those shots.

Top Bottom