Going to 35s and need help!

I love my Nitto Trail Grapplers and will probably go to them again once these ones where out, unless Cooper has a good deal at the time. I have always wanted to try them. Now I am running 37's so I do not know how much of a difference re-gearing will make for you. What I do know is that I ran 37's on 3.73s for about a year with no problems, just sluggish on acceleration and hills (now on 5.13's and loving it). Before you get way in over your head, run with what you've got (tire wise) for a while and then decide if you want to re-gear later. I don't know if this has been stated but you could also run an EVO budget kit with 35s and trimmed fenders for an inexpensive but quality ride. There are a lot of guys on here that love that setup.

jorgelrod

Hooked
how about lower control arm geometry correction bracket i read on a separate forums that it’s a good bracket for the kit i have

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

only if you want to have them get caught up on every rock you can find. If you go up to a lift where you need something like this, get one with adjustable control arms instead of these...

BaddestCross

Not regearing is sorta like one-ply toilet paper... Sure, it'll get the job done, but with twice the effort and you're always worried something's gonna blow up.

Go ahead and run 35s or 37s with your stock gears, but once you pull the trigger you'll wonder why you waited so long. Don't waste money with 4.10s, though... I didn't catch what your setup is now, but go with 4.88 if you have a D30 or 5.13 with a D44.

Oh, and drop brackets are rock catchers. Get some adjustable front lower arms.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

cangro408

only if you want to have them get caught up on every rock you can find. If you go up to a lift where you need something like this, get one with adjustable control arms instead of these...

your probably right cuz that’ll be an upgrade later down the road you think it’s gonna drive really hard without it?? not that i care the stock suspension already is stiff af

John-In-NC

I installed the AEV correction brackets on my 14 JKU with 3” BDS lift. They work well but do hang really low. I agree, they drag frequently. Adjustable arms are in my near future as well as 35” KO2’s with 4.56 gearing.

Last edited:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Am on 35 Toyo m/t's with 2 "mopar lift stock gears have no complaints as yet with just over 33k miles on em .... when time to replace em am considering the coopers and bfg's ... not gonna do a regear till I can upgrade the d30 to a pr44 as I can't see spending twice to regear... my advice do your lift toss ya tires on drive it don't worry about the regear till ya swap the d30 out ...

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
cangro408;1029769 and as for tires i’ll check out cooper sst pros Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415 said:
WAYALIFE mobile app[/url]

Do some research, I just got rid of a set of STT Pro's because I kept having sidewall issues. I've had a very well respected shop and several people talk about sidewall issues with those tires

I ended up with Nitto

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Do some research, I just got rid of a set of STT Pro's because I kept having sidewall issues. I've had a very well respected shop and several people talk about sidewall issues with those tires

I ended up with Nitto

I know of a few but I would hardly call that sidewalk issues. Just because a tire fails doesn’t mean it’s a sidewalk issue. Shit between probably two buddies and myself we’ve had at least 7 Nitto failures. Maybe more.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I know of a few but I would hardly call that sidewalk issues. Just because a tire fails doesn’t mean it’s a sidewalk issue. Shit between probably two buddies and myself we’ve had at least 7 Nitto failures. Maybe more.

All I'm suggesting is do research. I know what happened to me and what I've heard. I've only been on Nitto's for about a month so I can't personally vouch for them (except to say "so far, so good") but i've heard a lot of good things.
Before I had my issues I had heard a lot of good things about Coopers, on this particular forum as a matter of fact.

Top Bottom