Good cheap budget boost

NV375

http://www.northridge4x4.com/evo-manufacturing-jk-2007-15-hd-leveling-kit-evo1095

Like others mentioned, I'm ordering this kit very soon by EVO. Napalm's build thread and other posts have sold me on it.

The main difference between this kit and the Rancho kit is the Rancho kit comes with shocks, front bump extensions and rear brake line extensions to allow for the longer travel in the rear. Both are good choices if they meet your needs. The RS9000 shocks are the main reason I went with Rancho when it was on sale.

el_chupo_

I ordered (have not received yet) the Rancho 2" sport lift kit from SDtrucksprings.com. They have a $40 off 400 coupon on their home page, so that brings the cost to under $390 shipped, with the rebate from Rancho bringing it down even further.

Dont know about shipping time to get it to you though, so Amazon Prime might make more sense.

If you need a bit more height in the back roll with the 2 door version for a 1" taller rear spacer. I went with the 4 door knowing I might have to buy a taller rear block if I get rubbing.

The rep of their coils riding pretty soft are what had me there as an alternative to the Evo. That was the other option for me, but this lets me try out the Rancho shocks before I move to a bigger lift in the future.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I ordered (have not received yet) the Rancho 2" sport lift kit from SDtrucksprings.com. They have a $40 off 400 coupon on their home page, so that brings the cost to under $390 shipped, with the rebate from Rancho bringing it down even further.

Dont know about shipping time to get it to you though, so Amazon Prime might make more sense.

If you need a bit more height in the back roll with the 2 door version for a 1" taller rear spacer. I went with the 4 door knowing I might have to buy a taller rear block if I get rubbing.

The rep of their coils riding pretty soft are what had me there as an alternative to the Evo. That was the other option for me, but this lets me try out the Rancho shocks before I move to a bigger lift in the future.

That's great info, thanks

bkac

Caught the Bug

What about new rear swaybar links? Do you need them? And a rear trackbar bracket?

el_chupo_

At only 2" up front, can get away without new links immediately (according to what I have found about everyone else running this lift and the EVO kit), and it's not my daily driver, so if it needs extras, I will be ok. And that should be about all the height I get, as I have a heavy winch up front, along with skids. Rear is only going up 3/4" (I may try to find 1.25" spacers if it's nose high) so it should be ok. I may try to find a set of takeoff rear links to add to the front though.

NV375

What about new rear swaybar links? Do you need them? And a rear trackbar bracket?

Rear is good other than rubbing 35" TGs. I had some stock rear links I used up front. The stock rear links are almost too long in the front @ 2".

el_chupo_

Just a quick follow-up on SD Truck Springs. Their site did not update with tracking info (ordered late afternoon on the 4th, and on the 10th it was still showing pending), so I shot them an email. They got back to me quickly with tracking info, as well as updated the status on the site, and the kit was at my door yesterday evening, so right at a week on delivery. I am a bit impatient being an Amazon Prime user for the last few years, but I cannot really complain about the shipping times too much with free shipping.

I think on Friday I will be over at my dads house helping him install the 2 post lift in his shop, so hope to have the boost installed by the following weekend.

upnover

IMO Rough Country 2.5" series II budget boost can be had for under 200 bucks. Comes with shock extenders, rear raised track bar bracket, rear sway bar links and you move your stock rear to the front.

A budget boost is a budget boost, just look for the most complete.

You sure you need the DTD?

bkac

Caught the Bug
IMO Rough Country 2.5" series II budget boost can be had for under 200 bucks. Comes with shock extenders, rear raised track bar bracket, rear sway bar links and you move your stock rear to the front.

A budget boost is a budget boost, just look for the most complete.

You sure you need the DTD?

Yea I'm sure!
I'm looking for a short term solution and have what I need. Thanks

Top Bottom