Got my first trailer!

TonyT

Caught the Bug
After several months of trailers running through my mind morning, day, and night, I ended up getting an in-stock unit from my local Diamond C dealer. I knew I wanted Diamond C because I've become a fan of their build process, growth, and available lineup and options. I've probably built hundreds of different configurations on their website. And I lucked out since they ordered this unit prior to the 30% price increase.

It's a 20' DEC with 7,000lb axles. (15,900 GVWR) This gives me 12,400lbs of load capacity, which is more than enough for hauling my heavy JKU or pretty much whatever I need it for. I have since ordered 17.5" wheels and 16-ply tires to replace the 16" wheels and 10-ply tires on it.

Looking forward to using it a lot when Im home in April!

IMG_1055.jpg IMG_1054.jpg IMG_1056.jpg

JKbrick

Nice trailer! My gooseneck is a Diamond C and I’ve been super happy with it, hope yours is a good one too

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Thanks fellas. I used to always laugh at the idea of trailering around the Jeep, but the year before last I trailered the Jeep from Phoenix to Moab and man is it so nice doing all those miles in the comfort of my truck. Plus I know if something breaks I can just throw it on the trailer for the trip home.

Easter Jeep Safari 2022 got booked today! April 8-17. Man, the rates most of these short term rentals have hiked up! I expected it. Guy I used in '19 (and reserved for 2020) was having a stage-4 break down when Moab wasn't allowing any short-term rentals during the 2020 quarantine. He was literally crying on the phone. Long story short, In the the end he kept my $400 deposit saying it wasn't fair that he take all the suffering.

MericaMade

Thanks fellas. I used to always laugh at the idea of trailering around the Jeep, but the year before last I trailered the Jeep from Phoenix to Moab and man is it so nice doing all those miles in the comfort of my truck. Plus I know if something breaks I can just throw it on the trailer for the trip home.

Easter Jeep Safari 2022 got booked today! April 8-17. Man, the rates most of these short term rentals have hiked up! I expected it. Guy I used in '19 (and reserved for 2020) was having a stage-4 break down when Moab wasn't allowing any short-term rentals during the 2020 quarantine. He was literally crying on the phone. Long story short, In the the end he kept my $400 deposit saying it wasn't fair that he take all the suffering.
What dealership did you pick this up from?

CalSgt

Hooked

Nice trailer...

As for the Moab rental it is bullshit that dude kept your deposit, I got my Moab vacation canceled that year too. All of the other families that rented houses got full refunds and I got a rain check for the full value of my rental. I was able to rent the exact same house this year with the credit.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
What dealership did you pick this up from?
I got it from Hay's in Mesa. It was in their Tucson inventory. I built an LPX trailer to my specs with a $16,000 MSRP on the DiamondC website and sent inquiries to 9 dealers between AZ, Southern Utah and the Vegas area. I only got two quotes back, which I thought was pretty pathetic. One from UTS in Reno at MSRP, and another from Hays with $500 discount. It doesn't have the ramps or dovetail I would like, but for $9K I figure I'd better go ahead and deal without.

Aside from some great new models. I do think Diamond C's Social Media and their bullshit "influencers" are overpromising and underdelivering.

Nice trailer...

As for the Moab rental it is bullshit that dude kept your deposit, I got my Moab vacation canceled that year too. All of the other families that rented houses got full refunds and I got a rain check for the full value of my rental. I was able to rent the exact same house this year with the credit.
Thanks. And yes, fk that guy. No more "lets take this off Airbnb so we can avoid their fees" crap. Those fees also include a solid reputation and they hold their hosts to them. Lesson Learned. He too tried to tell me it would be used for 2021 if I wanted to come, but he would be raising the rates to cover the losses of 2020 and wouldn't know his new pricing until the year was over. What a snake.
I looked at his add up on Airbnb. Small 2 bedroom (+loft) house on the Moab golf course. I paid $350/night during EJS '19 for 9 nights. This year he's wanting $550.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I got it from Hay's in Mesa. It was in their Tucson inventory. I built an LPX trailer to my specs with a $16,000 MSRP on the DiamondC website and sent inquiries to 9 dealers between AZ, Southern Utah and the Vegas area. I only got two quotes back, which I thought was pretty pathetic. One from UTS in Reno at MSRP, and another from Hays with $500 discount. It doesn't have the ramps or dovetail I would like, but for $9K I figure I'd better go ahead and deal

$9k seems high, but I guess everything has gone thru the roof in the last two years since Kaufman built mine for the same price. It’s a custom spec 32’ triple axle goose with 18k load rating above the weight of the trailer.

2C59DF56-BAAD-443C-91E4-F1E645898AD3.jpeg

TonyT

Caught the Bug
$9k seems high, but I guess everything has gone thru the roof in the last two years since Kaufman built mine for the same price. It’s a custom spec 32’ triple axle goose with 18k load rating above the weight of the trailer.
Thats a good looking setup! Are you running bags on the Ram?

Prices are insane, and delivery times are even worse. $9,600 OTD was pretty damn sweet on an in-stock unit.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thats a good looking setup! Are you running bags on the Ram?

Prices are insane, and delivery times are even worse. $9,600 OTD was pretty damn sweet on an in-stock unit.
Thank you!! I had the ram built with the air leveling suspension. That whole setup has really worked well. But unfortunately, my world sucks snd I can barely use it.

Yeah, we’re still seeing prices in the Constructuon world being 30-40% above where they were a year ago and mostly with steel which I’m sure is playing a part in the prices on the trailers.

CalSgt

Hooked
I got it from Hay's in Mesa. It was in their Tucson inventory. I built an LPX trailer to my specs with a $16,000 MSRP on the DiamondC website and sent inquiries to 9 dealers between AZ, Southern Utah and the Vegas area. I only got two quotes back, which I thought was pretty pathetic. One from UTS in Reno at MSRP, and another from Hays with $500 discount. It doesn't have the ramps or dovetail I would like, but for $9K I figure I'd better go ahead and deal without.

Aside from some great new models. I do think Diamond C's Social Media and their bullshit "influencers" are overpromising and underdelivering.

Thanks. And yes, fk that guy. No more "lets take this off Airbnb so we can avoid their fees" crap. Those fees also include a solid reputation and they hold their hosts to them. Lesson Learned. He too tried to tell me it would be used for 2021 if I wanted to come, but he would be raising the rates to cover the losses of 2020 and wouldn't know his new pricing until the year was over. What a snake.
I looked at his add up on Airbnb. Small 2 bedroom (+loft) house on the Moab golf course. I paid $350/night during EJS '19 for 9 nights. This year he's wanting $550.
Coyote Run? I think I paid less this year than last year, I have like a $75 credit left still. I went a few weeks before EJS so maybe there are rate hikes for then.

MericaMade

Nice, funny you say you only got 2 quotes back. I am looking for a PJ Buggy trailers and have contacted 3 dealerships and cant get a email or phone call back. I was told Arizona is the place to get them as well. I'm gonna jump on the DiamondC site and see what they have.

JKbrick

Thank you!! I had the ram built with the air leveling suspension. That whole setup has really worked well. But unfortunately, my world sucks snd I can barely use it.

Yeah, we’re still seeing prices in the Constructuon world being 30-40% above where they were a year ago and mostly with steel which I’m sure is playing a part in the prices on the trailers.
We just bid a multi purpose building for a large children’s home, they said the steel wouldn’t be delivered until next May, and no price protection. By then all of us subcontractors prices will be bad. Right after I turned in my number I got an 8% increase on the Uponor water piping they specd

wjtstudios

Hooked
We just bid a multi purpose building for a large children’s home, they said the steel wouldn’t be delivered until next May, and no price protection. By then all of us subcontractors prices will be bad. Right after I turned in my number I got an 8% increase on the Uponor water piping they specd
It’s a horrible world for contractors as far as bidding goes. Most of my guys numbers are only good for 14-30 days and we note that on the contract with the clients. For the most part we can protect the clients as some numbers go up, others fall and it tends to be close in the end.

Ddays

Hooked
Fun trying to find the PEX fittings these days, eh?

Top Bottom