Got my tires today!

FrankenJeeper

They handle great offroad. Very tough tire I've wheeled in sharp shale and watched bfgs and good years cut sidewalls and the wildpeak did great. Not so great in sticky mud but that's the only drawback I've had. They seem to hold great even on the slickest of rocks and are very stable on sidehills. Overall I'm very happy with this tire and will more than likely run it again.

That's great to hear. My BFG KM2's I had were ok, but I won't run a BFG again. More balancing issues than I care to entertain, as well as very rapid tread wear. On a strictly Offroad vehicle, I'd have no problem running them, but road manners were horrible. I try to steer clear of the mud in the JKU, I swamped my CJ5 back when I was in high school and I still have dried mud/grit fall out from under it now every time I'm under it haha

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MobyJR

Did they give you any guff when you had them balanced? like try to charge you an insane amount of money because you have TPMS?

FrankenJeeper

I teach at a tech school so I just had the auto tech instructor balance them for me for free 😎

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Skirmish

I ran Falkens for about 12,000 miles and switched to KM2s cause I got a good deal on them and wanted to get a comparison. Other than the highway noise I really haven't seen much difference in trail performance.

I haven't had a chance to run them in Logandale yet which is similar terrain to Moab but I've had both in big rock under good and wet conditions and haven't really noticed a change. Both have given me the same balance issue. Originally I had the Falkens roadmatch balanced and was getting a slight wobble around 40-45. I had them rebalanced and still had the wobble but slightly less. I rotated them it was gone. Had the BFG mounted and its back. Gas mileage seems about the same. I get around 17.5 MPG on a 2 dr 2012 with 35's at 4.88.

FrankenJeeper

Now that I've got a little miles on my Falken's, I thought I would give an update. I'm at 2500 miles on them so far, and they are barely showing any wear at all. I found a fair sized boulder while camping the other weekend, and they grabbed alot better than I expected. They also perform very well in mud. I pulled my Brother in law's dodge 1500 crew cab Easter weekend and they surprised me at how well they performed! I am highly pleased with these tires and look forward to many more miles on them.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365546073.590005.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365546045.685581.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365546120.463214.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365546148.480447.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365546166.680176.jpg

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Jeeper_2010

I'm really considering these in a 37". I'm currently running km2 on my RK 3.5". They're a bit louder than I care for. I run about 8 months of the year topless and doorless. I DO NOT play on the mud and spend more time in the sand than the rocks. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1369619232.188094.jpg

FrankenJeeper

I'm really considering these in a 37". I'm currently running km2 on my RK 3.5". They're a bit louder than I care for. I run about 8 months of the year topless and doorless. I DO NOT play on the mud and spend more time in the sand than the rocks. View attachment 31938

I have nothing but good praise for these tires so far. I'm at almost 6k miles on them and barely showing any wear, they handle very well on road, have taken everything I have thrown at them offroad, and I am still amazed at the ride quality. And a great price. I have no regrets from choosing the Falken tires.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

FrankenJeeper

Okay guys, been absent for a while due to life, but finally had to replace my tires, so here is my final update on my Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.

Total mileage(to the point tread is even with tire carcass: 79xxx miles. I wouldn't recommend running them this long, but I wanted to see how long they would last.

They never gave me much fuss as far as keeping balanced or wearing funny until about 70k miles.

Pavement: great.
Rocks: great traction.
Dirt: fair traction.
Mud: piss poor
Rain: fair.
Snow: worse than mud.

Would I buy these tires again: for a pure daily driver, yes.

These tires were good to me, gave many more miles than I expected, and we're cheap at the time.

I found a deal at a local tire shop for some Toyo Open Country A/T 2's and got a set today. Now let's see how well these last!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441068840.804840.jpg

Moabbnd

Those Toyos look great! Glad you had a good experience with the Falkens. I'm currently running 315/75r16 Wildpeak ATs for about 19k miles and they've been absolutely terrible. 2 tires have been out of round within the 19k mile span and they all still have a hard time balancing. They do ride quietly and their sidewalls are tough as hell. Their tread life has been great though, even with running at times on the street aired down to 10psi. After coming to the conclusion that I'll be replacing them in the near future, I diagonally grooved them with a 3/8" tire groover and siped all 4. Grip has really improved on the rocks with the siped and spaced treadblocks

Attachments

• sipedwildpeaks.jpg
    sipedwildpeaks.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 131
Top Bottom