Granite Crystal Metallic lets see them

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
The last pictures of Crystal before Jeep officially took custody of her and locked her up.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460902673.113871.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460902694.941597.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460902783.384467.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460902822.308841.jpg

And one of the new Jeep, "BOHICA", with Crystal in the background.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460902920.527004.jpg

Going to miss it. One of the best colors to ever grace a Wrangler in my opinion!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
What's the background on losing her?

Well, to make a long story short, it had leaks that were made worse each time they tried to fix it. I realize it had half doors, but were talking leaks so bad everyone would get completely soaked when it rained. After 8 or 9 times trying to fix it, Chrysler ended up giving me full MSRP back for it, plus payed for 100% of the modifications done to it. I ended up getting a 2016 Mojave Sand JKU and a check from Chrysler for the parts, and kept the same payoff amount, payoff date, interest rate, etc on the new one. Chrysler did it as a substitution of collateral, so I ended up with a new 2016 and only owe a little less than 13 grand on it, plus a couple grand to start the build. I also had some money saved up, as I was getting ready to do axles and 37s on Crystal. I will now use that money to get this rig built up on at least 35s (they are already sitting in the garage as well as a Star Fabricating SuperSport leather seat kit and some other goodies) and get this rig to at least where my last one was. Worked out pretty good in the end. Full story here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?35418-Project-BOHICA-AllAmericanInfidel-s-Mojave-Sand-build

Helwyr

Very nice! Any plans for it?

For the next few months, just to drive it and get used to the increased gas costs compared to my last car, a Kia Rio. :eek:

Apart from that, my first purchase is probably going to be side rails and grab handles to get in easier. Not THAT bad right now since I've only for 32" Duratracs on there with no lift, but when I was visiting my folks, they both had to struggle to get in.
Also looking for a fitting tote/storage container for the trunk so my work stuff doesn't fly all over the place and that I can just put everything in and out in one step.

Congrats!! Looks awesome

Thanks. :)

Extra:
My last car lol.

kia.jpg

Samlautranger

Well, to make a long story short, it had leaks that were made worse each time they tried to fix it. I realize it had half doors, but were talking leaks so bad everyone would get completely soaked when it rained. After 8 or 9 times trying to fix it, Chrysler ended up giving me full MSRP back for it, plus payed for 100% of the modifications done to it. I ended up getting a 2016 Mojave Sand JKU and a check from Chrysler for the parts, and kept the same payoff amount, payoff date, interest rate, etc on the new one. Chrysler did it as a substitution of collateral, so I ended up with a new 2016 and only owe a little less than 13 grand on it, plus a couple grand to start the build. I also had some money saved up, as I was getting ready to do axles and 37s on Crystal. I will now use that money to get this rig built up on at least 35s (they are already sitting in the garage as well as a Star Fabricating SuperSport leather seat kit and some other goodies) and get this rig to at least where my last one was. Worked out pretty good in the end. Full story here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?35418-Project-BOHICA-AllAmericanInfidel-s-Mojave-Sand-build

That is actually, though it was a PITA for you, good to see Chrysler honoring that. To be honest, I am surprised they did not tell you, "Well, it is a Jeep thing." and left you to deal with it. Too bad they could not compensate you for all the time you had to go back and forth to the service dept. or the pain of getting wet while driving. We all like Jeeps, but you do have to admit that Chrysler/jeep QC could learn a lot from the Japanese.

Congrats on the new Sand colored JKU. Can't wait to see the interior photos, and review, of the new leather seat covers. I think you are good to good to go sticking with 35s. Seen several JKUs with 3.5" lifts and 35, and that seems a nice set up. 37" is a but overkill IMHO.

Now all you need for the new JKU to make you feel at home is a Trunk Monkey. :D

Granite Crystal Metallic (GCM)

IMG_1483424547.368202.jpg IMG_1483424587.901245.jpg IMG_1483424650.006230.jpg IMG_1483424694.931452.jpg IMG_1483424723.091297.jpg IMG_1483424791.762487.jpg IMG_1483424866.387398.jpg

I tried to show how much much this color looks when in different lighting.
Mostly it looks kinda light to dark charcoal metallic to black with a hint of purple if you catch it just right. I love it myself but admit Jeep has many great looking colors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very nice! Of course I'm biased! MOPAR beadlocks?

Yeah, the Mopar beadlocks can be run in two different configurations.
1) DoT approved standard inner mount
2) Off road use only true beadlocks outer mount. See the cut away view to see how the outer beadlocks ring is used in option 2 or the inner lip for option 1. They may not be as some of the top brand true beadlocks but this is my daily not a rock crawler so they are perfect for me and look factory as they come with the Jeep center cap as well.
IMG_1483471846.716266.jpg IMG_1483471860.815296.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom