Granite Shark

Ddays

Hooked
Awesome...may I suggest a prophylactic dispenser for the rear seat since your giving it to your high school son...and a suspension upgrade...

LOL, sounds like he maybe should have invested in a JK6 with no back seat :hmm:

Congrats! Good call on the HR package and color.

Well, here she is, my third JKUR. Not much of a glory shot after a 6.5 hour drive over the pass in a blizzard, but she still looks nice. 2017 JKUR Hard Rock.

View attachment 321315

As with Shark Tank before her, the build of Granite Shark will be slow and deliberate. First on the list will be a trailer hitch, heavy duty jumper cables, a snatch strap, and some fire extinguishers. (After seeing the aftermarket price, I can’t believe I previously spent the $500 to order hitches from the factory!)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Am I the only sorry suck who didn’t know about all of the “extras” on the OEM Nav unit?!?

IMG_5098.JPG
IMG_5100.JPG
IMG_5101.JPG

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
First on the list will be a trailer hitch, heavy duty jumper cables, a snatch strap, and some fire extinguishers. (After seeing the aftermarket price, I can’t believe I previously spent the $500 to order hitches from the factory!)

Congratulations!

No joke. I want to get something else, besides just the hitch and wiring, if I pay for a, “tow package.”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hmm. Interesting question. I’ll have to check to see if I have a trans cooler. If I don’t then I’ll definitely want to put one in.

Brute

Hooked
If you’re going to do a lot of towing, consider this...I put in a PML trans pan that is deeper and finned (alum)...it holds more fluid, cools better and has a machined port to add a temp sending unit if you want to add a stand alone trans temp gauge...I did this with Brute...no problem with trans fluid heat while towing...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have the OEM transmission cooler even though the Granite Shark only has 3.73 gears and no tow hitch. After doing a little research, it appears that the OEM tranny cooler was standard with the automatic transmission regardless of whether the max tow package was purchased. I'm not sure for what model that change started though because my '09 definitely did NOT have the separate cooler and it DID have the max tow package. My 2015 has it, but it also has the max tow package. My educated guess is the change started with the 2012 model and the Pentastar motor, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have the OEM transmission cooler even though the Granite Shark only has 3.73 gears and no tow hitch. After doing a little research, it appears that the OEM tranny cooler was standard with the automatic transmission regardless of whether the max tow package was purchased. I'm not sure for what model that change started though because my '09 definitely did NOT have the separate cooler and it DID have the max tow package. My 2015 has it, but it also has the max tow package. My educated guess is the change started with the 2012 model and the Pentastar motor, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I believe that to be correct. The ‘14 auto 2 door I had, had a transmission cooler, and no tow package.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom