GraniteCrystal build thread

GraniteCrystal

Went for a quick hike up Red Rocks this afternoon. Couldn't resist getting the same photo I took a couple weeks ago now that the fenders are trimmed.
IMG_20170317_133750.jpg

And a few more shots
IMG_20170317_132638.jpg
PANO_20170317_130349.jpg

GraniteCrystal

Follow up on Rotopax venting solution...

The good news is that I filled the can at 65F
IMG_20170313_181857.jpg

Then put it in the sun for the past two days with temps climbing near 80F and it appears to vent properly thru the tiny hole. No swelling.
IMG_20170317_114853.jpg

The bad news is that even thru such a tiny hole, gas still flows when tipped that way:
IMG_20170313_182554.jpg

This would be an issue when climbing hills as the fluid would tip that way.

Gonna think on it some more. May go with plan B which involves a larger hole, a rubber stopper, and a wood screw.

JKbrick

Follow up on Rotopax venting solution...

The good news is that I filled the can at 65F
View attachment 248681

Then put it in the sun for the past two days with temps climbing near 80F and it appears to vent properly thru the tiny hole. No swelling.
View attachment 248682

The bad news is that even thru such a tiny hole, gas still flows when tipped that way:
View attachment 248683

This would be an issue when climbing hills as the fluid would tip that way.

Gonna think on it some more. May go with plan B which involves a larger hole, a rubber stopper, and a wood screw.

Is there any type of a vented cap that would let the container breathe?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Why don't you attach a hose to vent like the Diff on a jeep and route it. Just find fitting for it. Could that be an option?

GraniteCrystal

Why don't you attach a hose to vent like the Diff on a jeep and route it. Just find fitting for it. Could that be an option?

View attachment 248685
Maybe like this with a longer tube like he said

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yep, definitely an option. Just kind of an ugly, in the way option.

Are these supposed to already vent themselves? Or is this just referring to when you pour it in the tank that it won't glug glug glug (if that anomotopia makes sense).

Top Bottom