GraniteCrystal - what was the whistle sound in your driver door?

COLOJK

I know this is a little off track but what was the whistle sound in your driver door? I have one too in the top corner and I'm convinced it is because I put the tailgate plate on that covers the vent on the tailgate for my CC body mount carrier. There's no noise if my air is off but the more I turn the AC or heater fan up the louder is gets and it is driving me crazy. Any info would be great! Again sorry for the thread hijack

I know this is a little off track but what was the whistle sound in your driver door? I have one too in the top corner and I'm convinced it is because I put the tailgate plate on that covers the vent on the tailgate for my CC body mount carrier. There's no noise if my air is off but the more I turn the AC or heater fan up the louder is gets and it is driving me crazy. Any info would be great! Again sorry for the thread hijack
Mine was just not enough pressure in the seal. They put an insert in the weather strip so there would be more force there and it went away.

Yours is definitely most likely from your CC carrier. I've seen the plate they include and there's no slots in it whatsoever. Major design oversight IMO. When I was considering that carrier, I was planning on drilling some holes in it, replacing it with a different one, or having a machine shop cut some slots in it. The air definitely needs a way out. Also would make me hesitant to sleep in the Jeep as it'd now be an airtight container (not 100% but much more so). If more questions, could be a good thread to start.

Mine was just not enough pressure in the seal. They put an insert in the weather strip so there would be more force there and it went away.

Yours is definitely most likely from your CC carrier. I've seen the plate they include and there's no slots in it whatsoever. Major design oversight IMO. When I was considering that carrier, I was planning on drilling some holes in it, replacing it with a different one, or having a machine shop cut some slots in it. The air definitely needs a way out. Also would make me hesitant to sleep in the Jeep as it'd now be an airtight container (not 100% but much more so). If more questions, could be a good thread to start.

Thanks for the quick reply! That was my plan. I'm gonna pull the plate off and drill some holes in it and paint them and hopefully that solves the problem. I love the carrier but yes it is a major design flaw. I can't imagine I'm the only one with the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom