Greeting and Salutations from Canada

garyman

Hello, Fellow Jeepers! Glad to be here. Big Wave to Everyone :standing wave: First found out about the forum in 2011 when I got my Jeep wrangler JK.
Must say this is one of the most useful threads period. I learned how to do my own oil/oil filter/air filter/, brakes, auxiliary light wiring and install, headlamp install, transmission fluid change, axle fluid change, transfer-case fluid change, tire rotation, torque wrench settings, bumper install - to date. All because of the awesome write ups with photos.
Learned allot and very appreciative.

My rig is configured for life here in Canada - daily driver and over-lander. Stock Bilstein shocks with 32" mud-terrain limited slip diff, 3.73 gears form factory. After getting to know my rig and what I'd use it for I went for 4:10 with 33's 285/75/17 -pizza cutters. and a rear locker with chromoly drive shafts. Called the people at Dana and spoke to one of the engineers. they advised me that as long as I stay under 35's, the front axle - Dana 30 is more up to the job especially with chromoly drive shafts if I am putting I am locker. Front Warn lifestyle bumper with welded grill guard - no winch yet. Hella E-code headlamps with stock wattage from rally sports, A LOCKING gas CAP and LOCKING HOOD latch unfortunately also. Front TJ Rubicon springs on stock suspension. Rig has Hawk LTS brake pads on stock rotors and Yes I did notice a difference in braking. 2 door black.
Next upgrade: 40 liter auxiliary fuel tank.

Regards,
Gary
All advised welcome.
P.S most of winter driving is done in mountainous roads covered in snow - sometimes 3 feet deep. would a front locker make a difference and or the difference between plowing through a snow storm or not.
Thanks.

Army_Vet

Banned
Welcome to Wayalife! Sounds great so far, As far as a locker for help in the snow, I don't see how it would hurt.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife. I see you have already got the insanity bug.

I'll second the locker being a good idea in the front. With that kinda snow, it should be a big help.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jims68

Welcome neighbor! Locker will definitely help. I went TruTrac just because it is a Dana 30 and that is what I put in the rear. They are gear driven limited slips and rear was done to help on ice, front because of its weaknesses. Wish I would of found this site before doing everything I did to the front. A Prorock could of been in there by now!

Top Bottom