Greetings from Bristol,TN ! 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - White

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the love everyone! I'm still learning to drive this thing lol I live on the Holston Mtn so there's plenty of roads to ride.

I am having some rubbing issues since installing the 37's (I knew that I would have to deal with this). I haven't had an alignment performed not have I adjusted the steering stops. I installed my bds adj front trackbar and it has helped some. Mostly rubbing on the frame and lower control arm when turning and flexing. I believe it may be due to my rims having 4.75 backspacing .
Solutions for this ? : spacers ? 1.25?

Thanks everyone

to answer your question usually 4.5 backspacing or less you will not need to run spacers. this will help with the rubbing. so yes new rims with 4.25 or 4 inches of backspacing or the 1.25 spacer will help.

JArnold

I just shimmed it out. Lost some steering radius but nothing horrible. Ill eventually get some spacers but it's not on top of my list of things to do. Warn Zeon 10k winch is next ;) then some Evo rocksliders

Moparman

Welcome!! Hey man I'm from Kingsport just down the road. Glad to see a fellow jeeper closer to home. What kind of deal did you find on those tires? I am in the process of making my list to order suspension, wheels and tires.

JArnold

Welcome!! Hey man I'm from Kingsport just down the road. Glad to see a fellow jeeper closer to home. What kind of deal did you find on those tires? I am in the process of making my list to order suspension, wheels and tires.

I got a killer deal but it took forever to get them in. More hassle than what it was worth.
As far as suspension, go talk to Mike at RPM in Bristol. He has a sick 12' jkur on 37's. shoot me a pm and we'll have to meet up and hit some trails!

kRay.JK

Welcome from down in Knoxville! Check out Knox Offroad and TN Jeep Talk for local rides.

Sent from WAYALIFE iPhone app

StrizzyChris

I keep seeing your thread pop up...and I never wave (only on the real road) but this thread title keeps reminding me of all the Bristol night races we went to growing up. :rock:

JArnold

I keep seeing your thread pop up...and I never wave (only on the real road) but this thread title keeps reminding me of all the Bristol night races we went to growing up. :rock:

Haha it gets a lil crazy around here when the race comes in!

Here's some updates::

Finally got my warm zeon 10 and rigid industries 10" light on!! This thing is bright!!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374938930.316238.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374938947.215612.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374938962.715751.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374938980.031643.jpg

matt08jk

Awesome pics! I am from Asheville just over the mountains from you and used to get up to Bristol a bunch when I was younger. Thats an awesome area!

JArnold

Awesome pics! I am from Asheville just over the mountains from you and used to get up to Bristol a bunch when I was younger. Thats an awesome area!

Haha Asheville is an AWESOME area!! We usually come over for bele chere!
I try to stop by any chance I get!

Top Bottom