Groups in Reno, NV?

biggeekpc

Hi Everyone, I would guess, given the location of the forum admin, this has been answered before. I am new to the forum and just haven't found it so any points in a direction would be appreciated. My question is around groups/clubs/meet ups in Reno. For years I had a TJ and growing up in rural Northern Nevada I had often explored local trails. This often was limited to the trails a 3" lift with no lockers, no sway bar disconnects, no winch, etc. could handle. In the last year I have been fortunate to have the funds and availability to purchase a used 21' JLUR. Thus far I have been impressed with just the stock configuration in the Rubicon package. While I want to upgrade the rig, I find it more valuable to get used to what I have in order to build skills/knowledge and even confidence. Are there any local groups who have focus on trail rides in Northern Nevada/California? Honestly, I am not going to be someone that drops another $30k - $40k to get bigger axles, tires, suspension, winch, only to go and pound on a vehicle to drag it up and over large rocks. Rock crawling, while very cool, isn't my forte currently. I want to get back to seeing the dessert and develop my skills again with this large step up in platform. I have been out on some trails I know locally, and I am just so impressed with the capabilities, and I don't want to waste them, but I don't believe in beating a machine to pieces due to a lack of knowledge. It certainly isn't a 2000 TJ with the 6 cylinder and dismal automatic transmission! Lastly, if there are groups out there who go out on all trail types, I am certainly up to participate on those which make sense for my skills and desires. Sorry for the long-winded post. I just want to be open about my skill level, my desire to learn and have fun while not beating up my machine for no purpose. Lastly, I 100% respect @wayoflife 's post about not putting in locations, and beyond protecting these treasured areas, I definitely want to experience them with people who understand and respect them. Thanks - Jason

benatc1

Hooked
There have been a few local guys over the years that I have gone out with, in most cases people moved or left forum for various reason. Be fun to link up sometime I’m always up for any terrain. Fortunately tons to explore here!

Top Bottom