Guess what dumb thing I did

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
When you flat tow a jeep the transfer case needs to be in neutral and the transmission in gear. That way the rear driveline and gears spin free. He probably had his in first or second gear on the transmission and drove the rv down the road a highway speed. That caused the engine to spin who knows how many rpm and blow into a million pieces.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok so with an automatic transmission both should be in neutral . I’ve always use a trailer and was told even on a trailer the transmission should be in neutral. That way the when the vehicle is rocking back and forth it’s not putting that motion on the drive train.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Labricon

Caught the Bug
It is all covered in your owners manual with step by step instructions for both auto and manual transmissions. But with auto transmission the t-case in neutral and transmission in park.

jdofmemi

So at this point, does it make sense to rig a quick release on the tow bar, drive over a mountain, and let it go?

Get a new one and start over. The JL's are really nice

Moochie

Ok so with an automatic transmission both should be in neutral . I’ve always use a trailer and was told even on a trailer the transmission should be in neutral. That way the when the vehicle is rocking back and forth it’s not putting that motion on the drive train.

Transfer case in neutral, auto transmission in park.

jorgelrod

Hooked
So at this point, does it make sense to rig a quick release on the tow bar, drive over a mountain, and let it go?

Get a new one and start over. The JL's are really nice

That or throw it of a cliff and report it stolen... (comment for entertainment purposes only, not a suggestion of committal of a crime, consult your lawyer before following internet recommendations. Your Mileage may vary)

Pilgrim55

It was in 1st oil in transfer case and transmission was clean. Which is good but not out of the woods, they turn out ok. Fixing it was cheaper than buying a new one or even a used one and transfer the lift etc over

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I used to put a sign on the steering wheel in my motor home to remind me to disconnect the electrical when parked in my driveway. Just knew it would eventually happen if I didn’t

Top Bottom