Happy Birthday Marines!

JK LYF

As some know, the U.S. Marine Corps celebrates its birthday each year on November 10 (Born in 1775). Marines, wherever they may be across the globe, traditionally participate in a cake cutting ceremony. The birthday cake is cut with a Mameluke sword, as a reminder that we are a band of warriors, committed to carrying the sword, so that our nation may live in peace. The first piece of cake is given to the oldest Marine present, who passes it to the youngest Marine present. The traditional passing of cake from the oldest to the youngest Marine demonstrates the passing of the honor, experience and heart of the Corps to the next generation of Marines to carry on.

Happy Birthday and Semper Fi to all Marines on Wayalife!:rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sam4lq2WHos

Last edited:

crowrb29

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!![emoji512][emoji512][emoji512][emoji512][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

JK LYF

"A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life. But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico. There's no such thing as a former Marine."

~ General James F. Amos, 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps

crowrb29

This might be my first balless year in the Corp in eight years. Had to do a fall PCS and the way the stars are aligning it's not looking like it's gonna happen.

crowrb29

Where did you end up?

Went from 29 palms to Pendleton. I like the work environment at Pendleton better because I'm instructor at SOI so it's pretty tight group of dudes. However, most people think I'm crazy for saying this, Twentynine Palms was a lot better. It was way less busy and I could drive right out the front gate and go wherever in the mojave desert I wanted to. That and a lot of little things that just take time to adjust to...

JK LYF

Went from 29 palms to Pendleton. I like the work environment at Pendleton better because I'm instructor at SOI so it's pretty tight group of dudes. However, most people think I'm crazy for saying this, Twentynine Palms was a lot better. It was way less busy and I could drive right out the front gate and go wherever in the mojave desert I wanted to. That and a lot of little things that just take time to adjust to...

Makes sense. Pendleton is huge. Not sure how big 29 Palms is though. Is Pioneer Town near 29 Palms?

crowrb29

Makes sense. Pendleton is huge. Not sure how big 29 Palms is though. Is Pioneer Town near 29 Palms?

Pioneer town is super close. It's about twenty minutes west and Pappy and Harriets( the on site bar) is pretty cool. There is also a forest service road just past pioneer town that takes you into the forest or all the way up to big bear so it's pretty awesome. I'm sure there is stuff to experience down here I just have to find it. The family and I already stumbled upon Julian, which was pretty nice, and I'm looking forward to checking out Corral Canyon and some of the places north of LA and in Cleveland National forest.

JK LYF

Pioneer town is super close. It's about twenty minutes west and Pappy and Harriets( the on site bar) is pretty cool. There is also a forest service road just past pioneer town that takes you into the forest or all the way up to big bear so it's pretty awesome. I'm sure there is stuff to experience down here I just have to find it. The family and I already stumbled upon Julian, which was pretty nice, and I'm looking forward to checking out Corral Canyon and some of the places north of LA and in Cleveland National forest.

Very cool little town. I took my jeep on the trails near there about 2 months ago. And being an instructor at the SOI is outstanding. The backbone of the Marines. Keep in touch. I try to set up a run once every 4-6 weeks.

Top Bottom