Hard Top Repair

GRNHORN

lol not to break up a potential deal but mikefish has a 4 door and you have a 2 door scott so im dont think your hardtop will fit on his jeep

Well that sucks, I didn't know that. It was a good thought though, can't blame a guy for trying.

How about the Dow Gaps and Cracks expandable foam, it is sandable and paintable and not as messy as fiberglass.

FireWire79

Hard time top

Oddly enough, I happen to be a WAL member in northern VA, and may be interested in letting my hard top go, and for a reasonable price. I'm in the Alexandria area if you are interested in taking a look at it. This weekend is no good, Memorial Day and all, but after that would work, or Friday. PM me if you are interested.

jeeeep

Hooked
get a quote from boat repair shop - I've had them do fiberglass repair cheaper than a body shop...doesn't look like a 1st timer repair project

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
i don't think expandable foam will work as the top is just to thin and the foam won't be able to get a good grip (unless you want a fat clump of foam on the inside.) A fiberglass patch will need to be around 10" long (5" above and 5 below) so that you can keep it looking correct and not a "bump"....but I think flushmounting a light would be a far easier fix.

Beyrgut

Too bad you don't have a true blue pearl jeep, I have one hanging around in the garage that I don't want to move in July.

Jiblet

I'm a little late to the party here but FWIW the hard tops are sheet molded compound, SMC, so any repairs should be SMC compatible products.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Last edited:
Top Bottom