Hardtop insulation

kentuckianajk

Sounds like something I could do on a weekend with some help as you suggested.I will probably sand mine for a more custome look and not totaly steal your design . How easy is it to remove your freedome tops ?

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Sounds like something I could do on a weekend with some help as you suggested.I will probably sand mine for a more custome look and not totaly steal your design . How easy is it to remove your freedome tops ?

Dang, didn't think of that. Probably should incorporate that into the design.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Did anyone install Dynomat in their roof? I am looking at this option, but its a bit pricey.

Dynamite is kind of thick, and as you discovered, expensive. Dynaliner is similar but thinner and less expensive, but still has good sound reduction properties. Just not as good as the thicker dynamat.

utiadam

LOSER
Dynamite is kind of thick, and as you discovered, expensive. Dynaliner is similar but thinner and less expensive, but still has good sound reduction properties. Just not as good as the thicker dynamat.

Those are 2 completely different purposes though. Dynamat is a rubber based mat that reduces resonance and heat. Dynaliner is an adhesive backed foam that's available in 1/8" 1/4" and 1/2" thicknesses. I don't have it on my hardtop but i used both under my carpet and in the doors. I used the dynamat extreme and 1/4" dynaliner.

Edit - dynaliner is what you would want more on the hardtop for heat. Amazon is the best place I've found to get both

USMC Wrangler

Edit : search "The Noggle" amazon has some.

At a meet up for go topless day, there was a JKU with what looked like a dryer vent tube but smaller diameter that went over the AC vents to the car seats in the back. The kids seemed content with it and not overheated.

I wish I knew about this sooner! I have one sitting in my cart right now. Thanks!

lesterjanpearson

A shop offer to do upholstery on my hardtop. looking forward to it.

they said they would use some rubber stuff to prevent vibration and absorb heat. and they would

let me choose the leather design or what ever to make it look like a stock car ceiling.

to make it cooler and lessen sound.

Any one have tried it?

lesterjanpearson

will post it once they get started. they said they will technically do it like how they fix SUV ceilings/insulations. but customized to what I want.

Top Bottom